My First Fossil

MrTrilobiteMan

This is the first fossil I ever found. I found it when I was 10 years old. It was at a construction site on the southwest side of Milwaukee. They were digging the basements for a few houses next to ours. I believe this Trilobite is sitting on her nest. I have been fossil hunting ever since. I have lot's of fossil's however I think this one is the best of the bunch. I also hunt for Native American artifacts, Points, Gems, Minerals and anything else i can find in or on the ground. I operate Heavy Equipment as part of my career so I get to do a lot of digging, so I get lucky every now and then.

post-17757-0-80427200-1432444480_thumb.jpg

post-17757-0-01149200-1432444507_thumb.jpg

post-17757-0-59967600-1432444563_thumb.jpg

post-17757-0-10626100-1432444591_thumb.jpg

"Keep Looking Down"

"Work is experience, experience is knowledge, knowledge is confidence, confidence is a job well done!"

Sweet trilobite! Here in Toronto I wish I could go down at the places where they are digging out of the ground to make condos, because when they dig they actually hit the bedrock.

Gorgeous! That is one that my 12 yr old really would like to find. We'd have to travel to find any though. I'll show him this tomorrow. :)

"Direct observation of the testimony of the earth ... is a matter of the laboratory, of the field naturalist, of indefatigable digging among the ancient archives of the earth's history."

— Henry Fairfield Osborn