Super Sticky Crab

Doctor Mud

3 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

:yay-smiley-1: Beautiful!!

Thank you! I’m very proud to have completed my hardest prep yet.

Super Wow, beautiful.  I like the way the tips are gripping the matrix.  I gather it was a pain to prep, but have you thought about coming down in the front of the claws to expose them.  I know you are probably just happy to stop with it thought.  Could make it even MORE stunning.

Again nice prep and lovely crabbie

• I found this Informative 2

5 hours ago, Doctor Mud said:

9985E536-6ACE-46EF-9861-E68529020EB7.thumb.jpeg.9dd93f002b3b0a3b0fcfe19fbcd23dfa.jpeg2F2DCCAF-0834-4FE1-B803-D04821B71DBB.thumb.jpeg.52b290e6481889b906975aae0cb2f2eb.jpeg

Happy with how it turned out! I want an easy one next though - if there is such a thing? Time to celebrate the end of a project with a nice glass of scotch, thanks to everyone for following along and for words of advice and encouragement!

Those leg tips on the right were a nice surprise!

P.S. the photo of me is before the whiskey :rolleyes: It was a long weekend finishing it off. 

Love,Love,Love it !!!

Cephalopods rule!!

22 hours ago, RJB said:

Very nice my freind, and getting tippy tips on a Tumido is always a nice surprize. 

RB

It is! I knew there was one on that side, but not two. I cheered when I found the second one

• I found this Informative 1

20 hours ago, crabfossilsteve said:

Super Wow, beautiful.  I like the way the tips are gripping the matrix.  I gather it was a pain to prep, but have you thought about coming down in the front of the claws to expose them.  I know you are probably just happy to stop with it thought.  Could make it even MORE stunning.

Again nice prep and lovely crabbie

Thanks!

Great suggestion! 

i had thought about it, and I normally do that. I was considering flattening the matrix at the front horizontally and undermining the big claw. 

It sure would add an extra dimension to the piece. Maybe one day I might come back and do that? I decided that wasn’t a battle I had the energy for after all the hours I had already put into it. 

That is epic my man,  absolutely epic.  What a nice suprise as well with the tips!  

• I found this Informative 1

11 minutes ago, 6ix said:

That is epic my man,  absolutely epic.  What a nice suprise as well with the tips!  

Thanks!

This was one of the ones I found I think on our first trip out together, when Tim Bum found the teeth and we got your “crying crab” I always like the memories attached to fossils just as much as the fossil. Memories of the finding and the prepping 

• I found this Informative 2

Oh wow, THAT trip!

Before I learned not to use photobucket :DOH:

I probably have the original photos somewhere tho...

Funny, when you said about liking the memories attached to fossils just as much as the fossil memories of the finding and the prepping.  So true.  I recently got the best of my collection into display cabinets and when I show people a specimen I can tell a story about most of them.  Fossil obsession ain't no disease, its nuts....ha ha.