vermiculosis

Dear Friends,

I found really nice specimen - Mammalian Hairs inside Baltic Amber.

It was very lucky find becouse inside amber with Lepidoptera ( Moth ) i focused only on very nice Lepidoptera.

When i start polish second side - i found this amazing hairs. I cut and prepared it separately.

Doctors from Polish Uniwersity In Gdansk already saw it - Soon they will be put on exposition in Baltic Amber Museum in Gdansk and i am very proud :) :) :) :) B)

Good resolution pictures -------> https://picasaweb.google.com/104612747881478275852/MammalianHairs#slideshow/6155057738284068226

With best regards

Artur Michalski / Baltic Amber Inclusion

post-12487-0-40227800-1433088232_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your amazing find!

Are you donating the specimen, or will it be on loan?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thank you Auspex,

It will be on loan with my name on exposition - always some commerce for me as a seller.

Otherwise, museum's in my country ( if we talk about Baltic ambers ) do not buy specimens, they prefer gifts...

cheers !

Artur Michalski

Dear Ziggie - Thank you - i got fusion - binocular microscope Bresser Advance ICD + phoptocamera, nothing exclusive - Canon Eos 600D -
I also using focus stacking techonolgy, some free software and good lights - illuminator.
This is a low-end equipment if we talk about inclusions inside baltic amber photography.

For some reason (I can never understand how my brain works!) this spoof on an old Reeses candy commercial came to mind.

"Hey you got hair in my sap...well you got sap on my hair!, hummmm"

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Amazing find Artur! You ever find any pin worms in these ambers? :popcorn:

Lol

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by Raggedy Man

...I'm back.

Very nice find,Artur! Congrats! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thank you for comments my friends.
Raggedy Man - Naah no pin worms but sometimes we can find Nematoda worms with hosts - flies for example. There is also free living Nematoda roundworms.

Sometimes i catch unknown larvaes - ID for stuff like this is very hard. I got some nice Dipteran larvaes and something that looks like Oligochaeta ground worm but it can be everything.

• 7 months later...

That's a nice specimen! I love it. Amber is fascinating

And your picture is very clear, can you tell me how you proceed to get great picture of your amber inclusions? I love amber and would love to see all the details from the inclusion...I only have the cheap (but useful) mini microscope 60x, I'm thinking of buying something more "quality" for observing amber inclusion, what would you suggest? I really don't know what would be good enough for the job,

Very cool amber! You inspired me to take out some of my amber and try some pictures with my cheap chinese microscope that clips on my phone.

post-16815-0-43925500-1453865239_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-99121400-1453865249_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-04483500-1453865257_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-58500900-1453865264_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-92026000-1453865271_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-24684200-1453865284_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-92541600-1453865293_thumb.jpg

post-16815-0-51889900-1453865301_thumb.jpg

Hi Fossil Claw! Yeah I also got that little chinese magnifying tool, I was serious about buying something more, I ended up with a trinocular Microsope from Omax (40X-2000X) with digital camera.... It is incredible all the details that I wasn't suspecting from my amber specimens, I've found many hidden mini inclusion.

It's not the best tool for amber inclusion. the negative part: lighting is coming from the bottom on a microscope, if the inclusion is big and thick, you will get sharp edges, but a totaly black inclusion (only for big speciment), also, it is important to note that the deeper the inclusion is, the harder it is to have a nice resolution...

A digital camera is very nice, but I got the basic one, so the quality isn't there... I own a Nikon D5300 and I've heard there is adapter for microscope photography and it's not very expensive, maybe $100...Might give it a try someday! Other than that I don't regret my purchase, that microscope is perfect for me as I also have a passion for biology...

Here's an example of the pictures I've got from the Omax basic camera after photoshop,

post-17801-0-67635800-1454204628_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fossil Claw! Yeah I also got that little chinese magnifying tool, I was serious about buying something more, I ended up with a trinocular Microsope from Omax (40X-2000X) with digital camera.... It is incredible all the details that I wasn't suspecting from my amber specimens, I've found many hidden mini inclusion.

It's not the best tool for amber inclusion. the negative part: lighting is coming from the bottom on a microscope, if the inclusion is big and thick, you will get sharp edges, but a totaly black inclusion (only for big speciment), also, it is important to note that the deeper the inclusion is, the harder it is to have a nice resolution...

A digital camera is very nice, but I got the basic one, so the quality isn't there... I own a Nikon D5300 and I've heard there is adapter for microscope photography and it's not very expensive, maybe $100...Might give it a try someday! Other than that I don't regret my purchase, that microscope is perfect for me as I also have a passion for biology...

Here's an example of the pictures I've got from the Omax basic camera after photoshop,

attachicon.gifjh.jpg

Wow! Is that the compound eye? How many magnification did you use?