Young Dinosaurs Roamed Together, Died Together

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

ScienceDaily (Mar. 16, 2009) — A herd of young birdlike dinosaurs met their death on the muddy margins of a lake some 90 million years ago, according to a team of Chinese and American paleontologists that excavated the site in the Gobi Desert in western Inner Mongolia

Find the article HERE!

Guest Nicholas
Real nice article. What a way to go, whether you're stuck in tar or mud, it must have been horrible.

I agree completely, I think tar would be the worst.. a slow thinking death.. *shudders*

Good story; it has the extra dimension of poignancy.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Kinda odd, i would think that after the first one or two or even twenty got stuck that they would have stopped going out onto the mud

Kinda odd, i would think that after the first one or two or even twenty got stuck that they would have stopped going out onto the mud

Unless they were fleeing something?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest solius symbiosus

A cerebral cortex is a prerequisite for cognitive thought.

Unless they were fleeing something?

Thats a good possibility. Would have been crazy if they had found the fossil legs of all 25 animals with no upper boddies and large predator footprints all around. Kinda like wac-a-mole except instead of hitting the head with a mallet they were just bitten off.

Thats a good possibility. Would have been crazy if they had found the fossil legs of all 25 animals with no upper boddies and large predator footprints all around. Kinda like wac-a-mole except instead of hitting the head with a mallet they were just bitten off.

:rofl:

Archived