My First Green River Crock! Yahoo!

sseth

I had to share this one even though it is difficult to make out under layers of rock. It is my first Green River Crock, and the first ever crock from the Dempsy quarry area in Wyoming. It has a 2/3 complete, articulated skeleton and at minimum, complete lowers (I have also drawn in what we assume is the upper skull. The first picture shows the articulated skeleton and where the skull and lowers were before removing the lowers. The second picture shows a cross-section of one lower jaw. The skull is just over 3 feet long.

This crock was found this weekend in the Fossil Lake section of the Green River Formation and dates back to the Eocene. The species has not been determined yet.

This is probably my new favorite fossil find.

post-2399-0-50025100-1433187847_thumb.jpg

post-2399-0-59009200-1433187866_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

Holy Cow! :blink::drool::faint::1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

That's awesome, Seth!

Congratulations!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Great Googly Moogly!

It could not be in better hands :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Spectacular! Well done :)

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Way cool! Can't wait to see it freed from the rock. :) Keep us up to date with pictures.

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

Congrats on an awesome find!!!: )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Gratz Seth! Another masterpiece in your portfolio!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Outstanding! Congratulations, Seth.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the final prep completed on this one. :) Will it likely be completed this year?

Did you find it, or was it an associate?

:wub:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Outstanding! Congratulations, Seth.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the final prep completed on this one. :) Will it likely be completed this year?

Did you find it, or was it an associate?

:wub:

I found this one. I never dreamed of finding anything like this. It will likely take a year to complete. It will need a lot of TLC.

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

:P That is great...you must still be weak in the knees when you look at it. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

That is an incredible find. Way to go! I will be watching the progress of it's unveiling. Be gentle to that giant beast!

"Keep Looking Down"

"Work is experience, experience is knowledge, knowledge is confidence, confidence is a job well done!"

Your posts are always so fascinating! I would love to see what it looks like when you are done!

Wow! Absolutely amazing what can be found in these Green River layers! Super find fella!

RB