Any Hunting Spots In Nj?

FossilMo

Hey guys, do you guys know any fossil hunting spots in NJ. I'm am typically looking for shark teeth, verts or other bones. It can be a creek, river, etc. Thanks!

All (central and southern) NJ sites are creeks/rivers where the fossils wash out of the river banks. Your best bet is Big Brook in Marlboro and Colts Neck in Monmouth County. You can find lots of information about this site online.

Hey guys, do you guys know any fossil hunting spots in NJ. I'm am typically looking for shark teeth, verts or other bones. It can be a creek, river, etc. Thanks!

Don't be discouraged by the lack of answers, here. There is nothing wrong with asking the question, so long as you look at the answers realistically.

Keep in mind, ... most people don't generally just give their spots away, especially on a well trafficked site such as this. :unsure:

I would suggest you join a paleontology club or rock/mineral/fossil club in your area, and meet like minded people.

Some may have info they would be willing to share.

The clubs usually have field trips to specific places, and you can get more fossil exposure that way.

You may get more info after being around for a bit, making some friends with more experienced hunters.

The other option is to just try to find your own spots. More rewarding.

In the meantime, Ramanessin, Big Brook, and Shark River are your best bets til you find new hunting grounds.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Ill give all my spots away to anyone who asks. Big brook always has teeth. I recently got permission to hunt a quarry that supposedly found something. They didnt say because they dont know what it is. I plan on going in the next few days if you want to tag along.

Thanks for the offer...... but sorry I can't go. I'm pretty busy these days and don't have that much time to go hunting. It kinda sucks but that's how life is. Anyway thanks.