Fairy Fossil?!

Coreythompson5

This has been took to the university of hull and the professor of geology could not explain it. What are your thoughts and opinions? Does this look real or fake? One of the residents from my residential home bought it from a charity shop.

Sorry, but I can tell you even without a picture that it's not a "fairy fossil", as there are no such things.

Post a pic, and we will try to tell you what you have there.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

How do I attach an image that is to big?

Edited by Coreythompson5

post-11936-0-01029100-1433599161_thumb.jpg

Probably made from the same mold as this one.

A fanciful work of art and not a fossil I'm afraid. I think you will find that it is painted plaster.

Not that I think there would be a genuine fairy fossil out there..... But that's just me....

Yes, it is a man-made novelty.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It would be more convincing if it's pelvis wasn't upside down, and a femur wasn't taking the place of a humerus. ;)

Kind of neat though.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Yes, it is a man-made novelty.

...yes, and made by trolls. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I wondered how it could be that a "...professor of geology could not explain it." :blink:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!