A Different Kind Of Hunt

sharko69

This is not my normal kind of hunt, but during the several weeks of flooding rains in Texas and the fact that I have been traveling a lot with my job, I decided it was time to add to my collection some items that I can't find locally. I decided to hunt eBay, but with the purpose of finding megs, hemis, makos and anything else I could find. I set a budget of $50 (not including shipping, though many had free shipping and I combined shipping on two). I have seen Meg's in Rock shops etc that go for much more than my entire budget for one broken not so nice specimen. I will be honest, quantity was part of the hunt and I was looking for bargains. I figured for the price of a tank of gas this would be a good challenge. Below are my "finds". 5 megs, 12 hemis, 1 mako, and a sand tiger (won for $.75 including shipping) Total cost $51.93, a little over budget but under the price of a tank of gas for a trip. Let me know how I did?

As always, thanks for looking.

post-15063-0-11323700-1434307958_thumb.jpg

Edited by sharko69

Very Nice, congrats! :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

That was fun and productive. Many people are after the perfect fossil, BUT they all come from, or are, the animal when it was alive. Not perfect (for now) put still a part of the Meg etc.

Definitely was not about perfection. This was about the hunt for the deal. Two of the largest megs I got for $5. It was exciting to receive them in the mail and see if they matched the description. I was not disappointed by any of my purchases. I did receive the wrong tooth from one seller that I only paid a dollar for but was sent the correct tooth and told to keep the first. I am very pleased. To find a 4.5 inch broken meg in a shop here would run $100.

Definitely was not about perfection. This was about the hunt for the deal. Two of the largest megs I got for $5. It was exciting to receive them in the mail and see if they matched the description. I was not disappointed by any of my purchases. I did receive the wrong tooth from one seller that I only paid a dollar for but was sent the correct tooth and told to keep the first. I am very pleased. To find a 4.5 inch broken meg in a shop here would run $100.

And you didn't even have to get your feet wet! Well done!