New Jersey Plesiosaur Verts

njcreekhunter

Today my father and I went to Ramanessin brook again. I spent the majority of the day sifting and I wasn't finding very much so I decided to explore a little bit. After taking a few sifts at a couple of other spots and not finding much at all I decided to walk back to my original spot and spend the rest of the day collecting there despite not having found a huge amount. Good thing I did because when I was walking back to that spot I looked down and couldn't believe what I saw. A massive plesiosaur vertebra, I was in complete shock! This thing was just sitting there! I also found what I thought could possibly be a plesiosaur vert the other day but it was full of iron. I cleaned that one off today and now I am convinced that it is a plesiosaur vert as well. I am still in shock. 2 plesiosaur vertebrae in 2 trips!

post-4944-0-40713400-1434341869_thumb.jpg

post-4944-0-01549400-1434341879_thumb.jpg

post-4944-0-81549300-1434341887_thumb.jpg

post-4944-0-08976000-1434341901_thumb.png

post-4944-0-00144000-1434341911_thumb.png

Thats a neat find...... :thumbsu: ...They are not a common find. I have a few in my collection from the brooks in monmouth county..but took me nearly 20 years to find them.

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

And people say you can't find good stuff in those brooks anymore. Those are really, really nice.

Thanks everyone! They're definitely some of my favorite New Jersey finds.

Thats a neat find...... :thumbsu: ...They are not a common find. I have a few in my collection from the brooks in monmouth county..but took me nearly 20 years to find them.

Thanks! These are actually my first 2 in 15 years of collecting in NJ so I was really happy to find them!

Jeffrey, it doesn't really matter exactly where they came from, since for the most part, they are scattered all over. I've got a few, and they haven't come from anywhere concentrated. They are, however, very prone to breaking down the middle like these two show. Most of mine are also broken in a similar fashion. It's a real shame.

• 1 month later...