Salty

Anyone Ever Creek/ditch Hunt Georgetown Sc?

Salty

Hello Collectors!

Has anyone ever creek/ ditch hunted the Georgetown,SC area? Or for that matter Lithchfield, or Pawleys Island areas? Being on the coast I am questioning due to there being (per maps) layers that look intriguing in that area. It seems that there should be shallow enough layers that they would be washed, or am I all wrong about this? I know someone out there is a great resource on this--I am not asking for site specifics (if you have one) just if anyone has had success....of course if you do have a awesome site that you are willing to share I wouldn't turn it down! ;) Thank you!

kkborch

I used to live in Andrews but have never heard of creeks in that area producing teeth. I have heard of small teeth being found in Black river by salvage divers, but nothing large like Megalodon teeth or even Makos. There is also a parking lot somewhere in Georgetown that has imported rock that was fossil bearing with very worn, small, and busted up teeth. Pawleys (north end) and Litchfield beaches are not bad if you like to find 10-20 smalls in a day. I did hear of a guy finding extremely nice Great Whites in creeks and river banks up near the Conway area. With all that being said, it NEVER hurts to explore. You will not know what's there until you look. Good luck.

Salty

Interesting! Your right, exploration is fun too! I love looking for sites although it is very time consuming, and my time is very limited when I come to SC. To note , I find that so much of the creeks being so tidal are mucky near the marsh/ rice areas, seeing anything unless it's the size of a volkswagon is about impossible. I keep looking for the running water, gravel areas.But this does sound interesting. I may do a little "Dora the Explorer" out there. Thank you for the info!