Megalodon

Alessandro A.

Hallo people

I'm crazy for megs. Mine are always broken.. But I watch on the forum beautiful teeth.

Do you show us your best megs???

Bye

post-1056-1237412695_thumb.jpg

Hallo people

I'm crazy for megs. Mine are always broken.. But I watch on the forum beautiful teeth.

Do you show us your best megs???

Bye

They may not be complete teeth but, if from Italy, a most unusual location. Nice material. :D

Are they Pliocene in age?

6.94?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint::drool: so close to 7!!!!

Here are some of mine

4 1/2

DSC00961.jpg

Posterior

DSC00950.jpg

Hubbel

DSC00947.jpg

6er

DSC00965.jpg

Odd color 5er

DSC00968.jpg

:D

very far back posterior. Can anyone guess the size of what the middle teeth would look like on one of these???

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Almost...

"Can someone bring in the stretcher?!?" :drool: Bravo megateeth! Here was my first "pretty" Meg from MD: a little over 3", and probably still my favorite.

post-162-1237432418_thumb.jpg

Almost...

It's a beautiful tooth!

"Can someone bring in the stretcher?!?" :drool: Bravo megateeth! Here was my first "pretty" Meg from MD: a little over 3", and probably still my favorite.

Very nice, I still have the first one that I found as well.

It was not as nice as yours though. I know that those are hard to find up there.

Great Colors!!! Is the big one from Venice?

Nope, SC.

Get a load of this one then. It even has a small shark tooth traped in matrix on the back!!! A VA find :D

3"er

post-671-1237433693_thumb.jpg

post-671-1237433709_thumb.jpg

post-671-1237433723_thumb.jpg

Great serrations!!! :D

hey, um, phoenixflood, the back is the front, but i guess it depends on if it ate you yet. and thanks for posting that tooth because i did not know that shark teeth had babies. i had always thought that little shark teeth came from little snarks. i am soooo clueless sometimes! and that's why i don't trust paleopeople. there you are, with the evidence in your hand, and they just go around writin' any ole thing, misinkfarming people left and two more lefts (which would be right, right?)

very far back posterior. Can anyone guess the size of what the middle teeth would look like on one of these???

That's nothing. I have a 3/4" anterior hubbel! I'll get some pictures up.

Odd color 5er

DSC00968.jpg

From Westmorland, 600 yards down river from the creek outlet?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Very tuff to compete with you big boys, but here is the only meg in my collection. I wish I could say that I found it myself, but it took some green bills out of my wallet to aquire this one. 6 1/8 inches.

RB

post-171-1237473010_thumb.jpg

I haven't collected since last year so these have probably been posted before.

Big Red, 6 1/2" along the slant and 5 1/2" wide.

post-210-1237472447_thumb.jpg

This tooth is the most vibrant (large) red tooth that I have found. It's around 5 3/4". I thought it was a 6 incher when I pulled it out of the mud. Oh well.

Right out of the water.

post-210-1237472756_thumb.jpg post-210-1237472761_thumb.jpg

After drying and a little cleaning.

post-210-1237472823_thumb.jpg post-210-1237472829_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I can post some pics of fresh teeth soon.

unbelievable.

i would so have some stuff like that if i wouldn't have to stay up nights and guard it from tj.

From Westmorland, 600 yards down river from the creek outlet?

Westmoreland, stradford cliffs area. Before I knew they had security guards :D:faint:

hey, um, phoenixflood, the back is the front, but i guess it depends on if it ate you yet. and thanks for posting that tooth because i did not know that shark teeth had babies. i had always thought that little shark teeth came from little snarks. i am soooo clueless sometimes! and that's why i don't trust paleopeople. there you are, with the evidence in your hand, and they just go around writin' any ole thing, misinkfarming people left and two more lefts (which would be right, right?)

Yes, the back is the front, but most people display the back as the front :wacko:

;) Now you have evidence right, next onto getting that grant so you can continue your research :D

Very nice teeth everyone!!!!! :cool:

I'm still wondering about that tiny posterior meg tooth. I want to know how big a center tooth would be based off of that very far back tooth. Does anyone know???

Archived