Fredalexander Paleoart

fredalexander

thanks guys. yeah, i'm actually drawing alot less then i usually do. trying to fix that at the moment.

as for your question aerodactyl, i do use prismacolor pencils for these drawings.. i also use prismacolor, copic, and promarkers to help some areas of the drawing pop more.

• I found this Informative 1

These really are excellent. I think your obamadon illustration, with the shadows, is as good as anything I've seen published. I think you should put together a portfolio of your best drawings and offer your illustration services to children's book publishers. Most professional illustrators set up their own website and mail illustrated postcards to the art directors. It certainly wouldn't be easy or quick, it often takes years, but I think it's something you should consider. You'll find a lot of help from the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. I apologize if you already know all this, I just think your work is terrific.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

thank you pagurus for the kind words. i actually had lots of people telling me that i should make books, but unfortunately i'm pretty muck a noob on how the entire process works and i am going to need to gain as much information on it as i can. so your words on the process is greatly appreciated. i know this isn't anything prehistoric, but i'm just glad how well this came out, esspecially when it is my first time useing pen and inks to create a drawing. heres a broad snouted caiman

broad_snouted_caiman_by_spinosaurus1-d8i

as well as drawings, i've been known to do sculptures. though not the sculptures you tipically think of. although, i do make clay sculptures, i also make paper models of various animals. i plan out and design these models to be very easy to biuld. both the tyrannosaurus head and both lobbed finned fish are rather recent. others are rather old and deserve a recreation. here are some examples

a tyrannosaurus head. the actual paper template is a free download skull of a tyrannosaurus rex. i just copied it white and colored it in as a fleshed out head

tyrannosaurus_head_paper_model_1_by_spin

heres the opposite side.

tyrannosaurus_head_paper_model_2_by_spin

retodus and mawasonia in 1:48 scale

retodus_paper_model_4_by_spinosaurus1-d8

retodus_paper_model_7_by_spinosaurus1-d8

mawsonia_paper_model_3_by_spinosaurus1-d

retodus_paper_model_3_by_spinosaurus1-d8

arambourgainia in 1:48 scale

arambourgainia_paper_model_4_by_spinosau

tropeognathus in 1:48 scale

tropeognathus_mesembrinus_paper_model_5_

tropeognathus_mesembrinus_paper_model_2_

spinosaurus in 1:48 scale. it also has moveable jaws

spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_6___jaws_clo

spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_8_by_spinosa

Hi,

Incredible !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

"Budding"?!

This is some of the nicest I have ever seen :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You just seam to be getting better and better, the models are excellent and look very good, I think that with a talent like yours you could move on to clay or other materials and have some truly spectacular items.

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike Pocock

• 1 month later...

thank you all. i appologize for my inactivity, but i hope to get more lively here soon. anyway, here are a few more drawings that i've done.

iberomesornis scanning it's environment. i actually drew this during school

iberomesornis_by_spinosaurus1-d9d7in8.jp

and alamotyrannus brinkmani ( yes, i'm awar how contraversial this is)

remember_the_alamo_____tyrannus_by_spino

I love your rendering of Iberomesornis in the Green Heron hunting mode!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What more can I say? Some day our forum members will say, "I knew him when ...."

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

• 1 month later...

thank yo everyone. the alamotyrannus is by far a favorite of mine.( though certainly not the last).

heres a few sketches i did in school. it's been a while since i did a propor drawing. thats gotta change :)

this is a scene of generic dromaeosaurids and pterosaurs. really, this was something i did mainly to practice drawing water reflections.

dromaeosaurids_by_spinosaurus1-d9ipxmv.j

heres two rather bland and pretty old doodles of t. rex i did a couple weeks ago. not a bid fan of them :mellow:

tyrannosaurus_sketch_by_spinosaurus1-d9b

another_tyrannosaurus_sketch_by_spinosau

saurornitholestes sullivani

saurornitholestes_sullivani_by_spinosaur

changyuraptor yangi eating a generic reptile

changyuraptor_yangi_by_spinosaurus1-d8lt

I love the saurornitholestes and changyuraptor a lot. the back and neck feathers have been done very well, but a little constructive criticism of saurornitholestes, he could use covert feathers on his arms, and I got a feeling deep down that his tail and butt would be a tad more robust with feathers, and meat. Can't complain of Chang though, He looks feisty enough to fight an angry raccoon. Love the birch trees in first picture.

i agree. the saurornitholestes sketch could of used a bit more work, but glad to hear that the chang came out alright.

A little trick, that you may like, that helps a lot for me is to compare skeletons to flesh of modern animals. It gets you a little more of the feeling of the animals mechanics. remember dinosaurs were birds, so logically birds should be one to focus on with the organization of their bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

alot of my drawing actually revolve around that idealism actually. my saurornitholestes just came off the wrong end of the stick 3327b7f6b45a33781e80dce4e4461510-d4ipx9c

heres some rather quick sketches i did in school before break. heres a tyrannosaurus ( this was made more for understanted the tyrannosaurids general anatomy, ergo why i didn't bother doing some sort of more elaborate integument.)

tyrannosaurus_rex_by_spinosaurus1-d9kh2t

and a carnotaurus

carnotaurus_sketch_by_spinosaurus1-d9kgv