Fredalexander Paleoart

fredalexander

Wow! Truly amazing! You've inspired me to start my own paleo art. With no art experience. Will never be as good as yours tho!

"That belongs in a museum!"

- Indiana Jones

thats awesome ElToro. i can't wait to see more work from you

irritator challengeri

irritate_challengeri_by_spinosaurus1-d9n

allosaurus WIP. based off of specimen MOR 693

need_more_allos_by_spinosaurus1-d9nd35d.

thats awesome ElToro. i can't wait to see more work from you

irritator challengeri

irritate_challengeri_by_spinosaurus1-d9n

allosaurus WIP. based off of specimen MOR 693

need_more_allos_by_spinosaurus1-d9nd35d.

Wow. Do you use traditional techniques or computer?

"That belongs in a museum!"

- Indiana Jones

My work are completely traditional. Although, I always wanted to know how to create drawings by computer.

• 2 weeks later...

heres big al. i tried to use a different teqnique in drawing feathers and to be honest, i feel a bit disappointed in how the body feathers turned out. i may have to remake this

big_al_by_spinosaurus1-d9oks3g.jpg

Wonderful artwork!

Thanks for posting these.

You should really watermark it/sign it somehow, though.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Wow. I must've missed this post.

I'm so impressed with your artwork. I think the allosaurus looks great and I especially like the feathered dinosaurs and reptiles you've done.

Amazing work

Nick

I have to say your talent is remarkable, Thanks for posting it. I would reiterate what the others have said about

digitally watermarking your art posts. There are literally thousands of visitors to this website via google and other search engines. Looking forward to you continuing to post your excellent renditions of nature.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

thank you everyone. points taken, i've been meaning to start the habit of signing my work for a pretty long time.

i know this is anything prehistoric related, but i just want to tell that my high school art teacher has given use an asignment to draw subjecs with names that corresponds to the alphabet. being the theropod freak i am, i decided to depict some of our modern theropods. i'm using color pencils for this poster. heres a preview or E as in Eurasian eagle owl

for_my_dad_by_spinosaurus1-d9qf9rw.jpg

and L as in Lake duck and you can tell that C would be for cormorant ( spelled wrong on the poster but will be corrected :P )

poster_preveiw_by_spinosaurus1-d9qf8cw.j

and finally, some paper model news. its been a while since i did those hasn't it? well, heres the begining of a series of paper model animals that revolve around the hell creek formation. the scale is at 1:20 and the first plans that i done here is acheroraptor. i'm going to lay off biulding it untill i get a new printer. i do intend to convert it into a pdf and making it available for download. in the meantime, i already begun the body test biuld of anzu wyliei

acheroraptor_papermodel_1_by_spinosaurus

Wow. With this art you could make your own paleo-book. Maybe even be hired by an author as an illustrator.

"Welcome...To Jurassic Park!" -Richard Attenborough

Wow. With this art you could make your own paleo-book. Maybe even be hired by an author as an illustrator.

Traditionally, most professional book illustrators aren't hired directly by authors. Times are changing, though, and there are all sorts of new opportunities with self-published authors. Personally, I think your work is too good for you to be satisfied with a book that sells only a few hundred or a few thousand copies. In my opinion you should send samples of your work to the art directors at many established publishing houses. They will probably keep it on file until a project comes up in which they need an illustrator with your particular talents. Or, they might pass your artwork on to an editor who might be interested in it, and maybe find an author to work on your project. Lots of mights and maybes, unfortunately, but your talent is impressive.

• I found this Informative 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

more progress with the poster

more_birdies_by_spinosaurus1-d9qq2g7.jpg

and a very quick sketch of a dakotaraptor tackling a young tyrannosaur. i might make a proper drawing of this sketch

the_ghost_strikes_by_spinosaurus1-d9oq6d

and i might as well anounce my next project would be a depiction of our recently discovered jewel, dracoraptor.

Edited by fredalexander

• 4 weeks later...

a new drawing i'm working on along with another, larger one. it depicts the new weirdo on the block, fukuivenator paradoxus with its nictitating membrane visible and mouth agape

new_weirdo_on_the_block_by_spinosaurus1-

thank you. this is the first time i ever drew an eye with a good portion of it covered in a nictitating membrane like this. i really like how it came out.