What Tha?

Angus Stydens

Am I missing something here?

"3 Fossilized Shark Teeth"

post-420-0-71524700-1434768783_thumb.jpg

Angus Stydens

www.earthrelics.com

Vance, we have a new sub-forum to post these dubious online 'identifications'. :) This one certainly exaggerates the concept of "identification".

I've moved your topic here and added a photo from your link. We've also decided to avoid these kind of links because they are so temporary. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

What you are seeing is rock where the snow has melted off from hot liquid being poured onto it. Not sure what the person was wanting from that as a reaction but it just goes to show not everyone out there is working with a full deck.

Angus where did you stumble upon this photo claiming to be shark teeth?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

What you are seeing is rock where the snow has melted off from hot liquid being poured onto it.

It looks to me more like someone has cut holes in styrofoam to fit the rocks, perhaps as a frame or for shipping.

Obviously the "specimens" are random rocks, not teeth. It's hard to imagine anyone being taken in by this, but certainly Angus (a long time South Carolina collector who has contributed many excellent posts to the Forum) is far too experienced for that, clearly he was just posting an interesting "what the!". So Ziggie and Frty, not to worry on his account. However, others might not be so aware. Offering such obvious rocks as teeth is fraud, IMO.

Don