A Permanent Reminder Of A Big Find

cynroux

A great friend and fellow collector asked me to commemorate her first large find in the form of a personal illustration (a tattoo). I was more than happy to oblige given that 1) it's my job and 2) we were both REALLY excited about her find.
For those of you that do not like tattoos, my apologies. Please just think of it as an illustration carried about by an art collector. :)

post-18250-0-19646100-1436074760_thumb.jpg

Edited by cynroux

Do not blame God for having created the Tiger, but thank Him for not having given it wings. ~ Indian proverb

Photos of Art, Pets, Fossils, Tattoos and General Mischief

No need to apologize for being what you are. It must have been a great find to have it immortalized like that. What's she gonna do if she finds an even bigger one? Can you erase it out and replace it nowadays or do you still have it for life?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very nice: ) I've seen a few shark tooth tattoos down in my area

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

No need to apologize for being what you are. It must have been a great find to have it immortalized like that. What's she gonna do if she finds an even bigger one? Can you erase it out and replace it nowadays or do you still have it for life?

I think the one tooth will suffice, but hey there's always room for more. :) And no...there is no erasing in professional tattooing. I like to think the people that come to me know I spend my effort making sure the work lasts and they're the type of people (mature adults) that understand that some things are permanent. :)

Do not blame God for having created the Tiger, but thank Him for not having given it wings. ~ Indian proverb

Awesome Tat! I am lucky to draw a stick person! Cool...Very cool!

Thank you! My background is in illustration and graphic design and I went into tattooing after a long career in the former. You'll find most tattooers currently working are rather accomplished artists and generally interested in science and nature. I'm lucky enough to work with a group of people that spend our time birdwatching, fossil hunting, re-inacting history, and taking classes in anything from plant biology to sustainable small farming. We're a bunch of nerds that love to draw and make art, whether the canvas is human or otherwise.

And I'll let you in on a little industry secret. Rarely, do we use the word "Tat". Don't worry...everyone who doesn't tattoo uses it, but to some of us, it signifies something small and throw away. When someone trusts you enough to illustrate their skin, they're anything but throw away, no matter how small the art. :)

Thanks for the nice nice comment. :)