Summerville, Sc Creek Hunt - Nothing Mind Blowing But Awesome Nonetheless!

reddesilets

Not the best pics in the world but I have to get ready to take my son to a doctor's appointment. I wanted to post these anyway... :) I'll take better photos later and put them on my blog.

Note: my 12 yr old son is into smooth stones for building cairns and my 8 year old and I are into the teeth and fossils. :)

(I will label these better and I will never use my laptop to photograph fossils and teeth ever again LOL ;) )

"Direct observation of the testimony of the earth ... is a matter of the laboratory, of the field naturalist, of indefatigable digging among the ancient archives of the earth's history."

— Henry Fairfield Osborn

Nice finds! What a great way to spend time with the kids. My kids love fossil hunting (as long as they find something in the first 10 minutes).

Thanks! ☺ Toby, my 8 yr old LOVES fossil hunting. Duncan, my 12 yr old, doesn't care for it too much. If he had stayed home, Toby and I could've gone on for much longer.

"Direct observation of the testimony of the earth ... is a matter of the laboratory, of the field naturalist, of indefatigable digging among the ancient archives of the earth's history."

— Henry Fairfield Osborn

Hey, good to see you back out into the creeks. I can tell you're getting better at seeing the teeth :D

Hi! Thanks! Yeah getting a *little* better. ;) The kids were definitely reminiscing about the hunt with you and your kids. :) Wonderful memories and I have you and Lee to thank. <3 It was lovely also meeting two other folks from here in the Fossil Forum as well.

— Henry Fairfield Osborn

Got the blog entry up with better photos... I need a camera other than my phone for this.

http://fossilforay.blogspot.com/2015/07/creek-hunt-july-7-2015.html

— Henry Fairfield Osborn