Crazy Canadians

Malcolmt

After some serious heavy duty planning (it all came about last night) a bunch of us Canadians (Malcolm, Dave, Jim) are heading down to Penn Dixie tomorrow Saturday July 11. This is always a real treat, those of you who have "excavated" with us before will appreciate that we get a bit hard core when it comes to hunting the elusive trilobite multiple plate. Can't guarantee we will have out the big rock saws, that all depends on how busy they are at the Penn site , but we will definitely be moving some major amount of rock with our big pry bars......

If you are in the area please pop in and hunt with us for a bit,.... we can always use a strong back......... and the company......

Just look for the three that don't look like tourists and seem to have moved in for the day.... that will be us.... As usual I will likely have on my Jurassic park hat and Fossil Forum T-shirt....

Hope we see some of you there......

One of My Prepped Penn Dixie bugs....

post-4886-0-14505700-1436537538_thumb.jpg

At typical days Haul

post-4886-0-75227100-1436537095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malcolmt

Good Luck, Malcolm. I was there on July 3rd, darn it! To early!

I hope you find more than I did! (Only hunted from 8-12, so you will find more, I'm sure.)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Malcolm, You crazy Canadians. You are working way too hard. You should put Pillbugs out in the evening and then early in the morning collect all the feeding Phacops.

Oh, and you could go snipe hunting during the night too, just to pass the time waiting for sunrise. Let me know how you make out. Happy Hunting! - Fossilcrazy John

Yes but perhaps you would not be quite as envious if you were getting up at 4:30AM so that you could get to the meet up area just north of the US border.......

I do motels over night for fossil trips. A couple of hours extra shut eye, makes my day better. But I'm not a morning person. Have a great day for all of us.

I was there same day as Tim and Carmine and struck out in the trilobite zone. Those trilos are all laughing and slapping their thoraxes thinking they got away. They don't know what's in store for them. Good luck to you guys and please, please post your finds.

Sounds like you're probably already on your way to the donut shop, so have fun, guys! Wish I could tag along again this time, but it'll have to wait until next year.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Yes we found some good

trilobites always fun at Penn Dixie

Quarrycomber

Your 'typical haul' looks fantastic. Wish I could be there B)

Good job..

I wish I could get to a site like that, but it's a bit far away!

Do you every pick up the brachs/etc too or are those small potatoes to you?

Edited by Wrangellian
  • I found this Informative 1

I pick them up for friends that collect brachs. Do you want an assortment from there . I can pick some up for you next time I go....