Velociraptor Skull And Some Others

Treak

I have a Stratasys Dimension 3D printer and i have a few dinosaur skulls/skelis i have printed. A friend suggested i try making a post on this forum. Here is an example of my work:

post-420-0-83112500-1436588375_thumb.jpg

If you wanted anything special done feel free to email me.

I'm not sure if the forum automatically grabbed that picture out or a moderator changed it but it looks great!

Very nice print out Treak.

A few months ago I mentioned 3D printers and fossils, and your post is a great example of this. :goodjob:

And welcome to the forum :yay-smiley-1:

I am going to follow this, it is a very interesting and growing field.

Ill take some more pictures and work on getting together some stuff outside of that very common trex skull floating around. I also want to print out a copy of the Gale Crater on mars. It cost billions of dollars to get that picture of a rock!.

I'll work on getting some more pictures and a new print together tomorrow. I've also been working on a full trex skeli that was also based off scans. But some hiccups happened with supports and the file itself and i ended getting 70ish% of a trex and a spaghetti.

Edit: I would not mind making one for the auctions to benefit the forum section. But i'm still pretty new here and like a lost child. A moderator would have to message me to guide me on the process.

Welcome to the forum! Fascinating! I'm far from knowing much about these things but I've heard that if you don't get your Loggy Rhythms right, you'll end up with cheese cake :P

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Welcome to the forum! Fascinating! I'm far from knowing much about these things but I've heard that if you don't get your Loggy Rhythms right, you'll end up with cheese cake :P

Sounds about right sir. These machines have a very narrow window of operability and many variables that contribute to that.

• 3 months later...

Cool stuff. I'm also doing some printing, using a Formlabs Form 1 in our department. Hope to see you around on the forums!

Archived