Peace River With Young Hunters.

Mango

Hit the Peace River again this weekend with 7 kids. We had a fun day with everyone finding something of interest.

post-1351-1237772488_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1237772536_thumb.jpg

Reptile teeth. Not sure what the roundest one is. I.d> help would be appreciated. Researching the difference in gator and croc is something I still need to do.

post-1351-1237772782_thumb.jpg

I found some teeth that had not made it to the river bed. Picked them out of dry matrix. They had some very interesting colors. Not black or dark like most we find.

I got this shot, but need help setting up the proper background and lighting to get the true colors in photo.

post-1351-1237772796_thumb.jpg

Small vert.

post-1351-1237772804.jpg

This last one is the find of the day. That is if it is a true fossil. I posted it int he i.d. section with info on my fossil testing.

Nice day on the river. water is warming.

My appologies to the Canadian couple who were digging nearby. 7 kids, 8 if you include myself, turned the peaceful surroundings into a shouting arena. Neighboring fossilers also had to be on the lookout for sediment grenades and floating Dorito mines. We were more trouble than the young adults canoeing the river with beer bong in hand.

post-1351-1237773161_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

Another place to put on the "Bucket List"

Nice finds...the rounder tooth looks pretty pointed.

My amatuer guess would be Croc.

The FLA boys should chime in and give you a definate answer.

COOL FINDS. 7 new hunters any from Texas maybe

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

COOL FINDS. 7 new hunters any from Texas maybe

The 7 new hunters are all 8-9 year olds from FLorida.

I am lucky to have 2 kids of my own that love to go fossiling. The river provides lots of entertainment.

Pentax Optio W60

For 7-8 year olds, a day on the river like that must be too cool for words!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!