Humbled In Aurora

megateeth

I finally got to Aurora Sunday. I would post photos of my finds but I came up empty. I had an awesome time and got to meet some great people. The experience made me really appreciate what I come up with diving. There were two killer megs found that day and a friend of mine found one of the nicest GW teeth that I have ever seen. Plus a lot of smaller teeth were found as well. I had a blast and I will be back for sure.

... There were two killer megs found that day and a friend of mine found one of the nicest GW teeth that I have ever seen. Plus a lot of smaller teeth were found as well. I had a blast and I will be back for sure.

post-1112-1237809781_thumb.jpg

Hi Megateeth, about the Aurora photos, I can help you.

One of the killer megs was found by my wife! She found just a small "ear" then she dug and discover the whole teeth. We both keep our breath and crossed our finger, hoping the teeth was complete. And it is!

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

One of the killer megs was found by my wife! She found just a small "ear" then she dug and discover the whole teeth. We both keep our breath and crossed our finger, hoping the teeth was complete. And it is!

Well done. To pull a tooth like that by spying a root lobe puts your wife at expert level. She should get a

lifetime exemption enabling her to play at PCS every year. Great picture, also.

-greel

...I would post photos of my finds but I came up empty....

Must have been the wetsuit and flippers that slowed you down. :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

I guess we all have those days where we come up empty. I just have them a lot more than other peoples. :P

Fossili Veraci, congrats to your wife...Very nice tooth.

Sorry you didn't find anything. Better luck next time.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Please post pictures once you clean the tooth up it looks like it could be a screamer

I was there when she pulled it out. It is an absolute KILLER tooth. In the photo you can see the dirt line where the corner of the root was sticking up. Since it was sticking up you could not see the shape of the root. She did an INCREDIBLE job of spotting it. Plus with the sun and all the dirt it was hard to see anything. She did an amazing job of finding a tooth that is as nice as any I have seen.

I was there when she pulled it out. It is an absolute KILLER tooth. In the photo you can see the dirt line where the corner of the root was sticking up. Since it was sticking up you could not see the shape of the root. She did an INCREDIBLE job of spotting it. Plus with the sun and all the dirt it was hard to see anything. She did an amazing job of finding a tooth that is as nice as any I have seen.

post-1112-1237850879_thumb.jpg

This is the tooth when it was spotted...now it is resting in a cozy box! :D

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

I finally got to Aurora Sunday. I would post photos of my finds but I came up empty. I had an awesome time and got to meet some great people. The experience made me really appreciate what I come up with diving. There were two killer megs found that day and a friend of mine found one of the nicest GW teeth that I have ever seen. Plus a lot of smaller teeth were found as well. I had a blast and I will be back for sure.

Toooooo much viz!! You needed to shut your eyes and feel your way around the spoil piles!! :D:D:D

This is the tooth when it was spotted...now it is resting in a cozy box! :D

Great job of spotting! Nice tooth.

I would love to get some photos of whatever you have. I wore a gray fleece in the morniing and a tee in the afternoon. I was carrying a red handled rake most of the day.

thanks for the congrats!!!

x Megateeth

did you or anyone of your friends wear an ADIDAS pullover? If yes, I can send you some pictures

post-1112-1237868972.jpg

Just to clarify, I was there when she pulled it out to show us not when she found it.

It just occurred to me that "fanning" might not be the optimal technique there... :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!