Any Good Dive Charters To Hunt For Meg Teeth?

sweeneyb

Does anyone know of any good dive charters that take you out to look for meg teeth in the state of Florida/Georgia/South Carolina? I would be willing to pay someone to take me out to dive for meg teeth in one of the rivers.

There are several charters that can be hired for dives on the Cooper River in South Carolina and other areas as well. They range from small boats with 4 or 5 divers to party boats with a dozen.

Just do a Google search for fossil dive charters in (X-State) and you should find what you're looking for.

There are several charters that can be hired for dives on the Cooper River in South Carolina and other areas as well. They range from small boats with 4 or 5 divers to party boats with a dozen.

Just do a Google search for fossil dive charters in (X-State) and you should find what you're looking for.

I HIGHLY recommend Call Bill Routh from Off the Wall Diving in Salem, SC. He operates a super dive boat and operation on the Cooper River each month almost year round. His boat is about 30' Pontoon and can handle 6 divers with lots of space. He is extremely safe and teaches you a great deal about diving the river. You'll go out for 4 dives a day and he does know the river. I have sent people to Bill for several years and never had any poor reviews.

Does one needs to know how to scuba to charter his boat or will he teach you?

Dave

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Dave

Pretty sure you have to be certified before you can get on the boat.

Scuba is not the sort of thing you can pick-up on in a day.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Dave

Open water Certification is a requirement and you should have 10-20 dives experience before doing the blackwater/river dives. The low visibility and extra weight needed are difficult for a new diver to cope with. Diving here in Pa. in our cold dark quarries is a good way to prepare for The Cooper River.