Refinement Of A Fossil Thin Section. ( Elimia Tenera)

The QCC

The linked photos are of a further polished thin section of a Turritella fossil.
Photo 1 is the original section that was a bit thick.22/index.html]
Photo 2 is the same section ground down and polished to 100 microns.
Photo 3 is the section as viewed with a polarizing microscope and crossed polars.

With crossed polars many small birefringent crystals show up inside the fossil. The remaining photos are close-ups of the crystals.

Click on the fossil description to see the photos

post-18968-0-15562700-1437606422_thumb.jpg

This is a re-post from my previous thread. It always goes back to the previos post..

...This is a re-post from my previous thread. It always goes back to the previos post..

You should add new posts to your original topic; they 'keep going' there because I move them there for continuity.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I intended the post as a separate topic to differentiate it from the original preliminary slides.

The subject natter is different.

My apologies; please carry on! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Interesting.. are those roundish things biological inclusions inside the whorls?

btw I'd like to see an enlargement of the description in your 1st post but you have precluded that with your link.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge about the fossil. I use thin sections of minerals and fossils to make gallery prints. The forum was suggested to me as a place to show the fossil thin sections.

My apologies.

This is the card that came with the fossil specimen.

post-18968-0-84838300-1437648267_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...