A Coral?

lukasmik

Hello.

I'm from Slovakia and yesterday I found a strange looking stone which has something fossilized in it. I am no expert on this matter so I ask you for advice. As far as I can tell it's some kind of Tertiary limestone but I'm not entirely sure what that thing in it is. Please help me identify it.

Thanks.

post-19231-0-53334600-1438340865_thumb.jpg

post-19231-0-36811300-1438340868_thumb.jpg

post-19231-0-72722100-1438340879_thumb.jpg

Well, as far as I can tell ( I'm not saying its not) I don't think so. I may be wrong, but it looks more like some kind of irony substance? The rock looks like limestone with is often good for fossils. Good luck.

Izak

I also thought it's iron due to the fact that the place I visited has never produced any fossils whatsoever. Yet I'm still wondering what kind of iron thing it might be?

I don't know what could be,but for me don't looks like coral.Probably the slab contains some limonitic feature.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

It could have started out as organic remains (it shows no evidence as to what), but it looks like pyrite to me.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!