Florida Fossils Need Id

kauffy

Hope some of you Florida fossil hunters can help me with the ID's, Anson im sure you can figure these ones out ;)

sorry about the grainy photos, if you want individual photos of particualr teeth let me know, i will get some more pics, have more need to be ID'd

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Chris

P1060552-1.jpg

P1060547.jpg

P1060530.jpg

P1060532.jpg

P1060529.jpg

P1060515.jpg

P1060539.jpg

these are only some pics, will post more shark teeth soon!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Chris I need to send you some better stuff :P Pics 3 and 4 are mostly tigers 5 and 6 bull sharks.

Chris I need to send you some better stuff :P Pics 3 and 4 are mostly tigers 5 and 6 bull sharks.

hahaha thanks Anson!! :D pfft better stuff... this is the best stuff!! :lol:

#1 Snake Vert/Bird vert? Half a cartilaginous fish like shark or ray , below that looks like a drum fish tooth, to the right of that another vert maybe fish.

Bottom row some kind of snail LOL, an unknown bone in the middle, on the right end looks like a stingray barb. Boom?

Other pics are bunch of shark's teeth.

Nice

In your first pic on the left, toward the back looks like a snake vert but can't tell for sure. That long fossil with the white at the end, could you get a closeup of it? Also maybe a closer shot of the maybe snake vert?

Welcome to the forum!

#1 Snake Vert/Bird vert? Half a cartilaginous fish like shark or ray , below that looks like a drum fish tooth, to the right of that another vert maybe fish.

Bottom row some kind of snail LOL, an unknown bone in the middle, on the right end looks like a stingray barb. Boom?

Other pics are bunch of shark's teeth.

Nice

In your first pic on the left, toward the back looks like a snake vert but can't tell for sure. That long fossil with the white at the end, could you get a closeup of it? Also maybe a closer shot of the maybe snake vert?

Thanks for the ID's will get a closeup of the vert and long fossil with white end'! :P lol

ok heres some more pics

P1060599.jpg

P1060587.jpg

P1060578.jpg

P1060573.jpg

the long fossil with a white end... i believe that is a fish fin bone. it would be the first main support for the rays on one of the side fins. equivent in function the the humerus. i believe it is the left side. to what i am not sure. are you sure that it is fossilized? the end looks to still have oil in the bone. either way that is what i think it is

brock

the long fossil with a white end... i believe that is a fish fin bone. it would be the first main support for the rays on one of the side fins. equivent in function the the humerus. i believe it is the left side. to what i am not sure. are you sure that it is fossilized? the end looks to still have oil in the bone. either way that is what i think it is

brock

Thanks Brock, im not sure if its fossilized? It came from Anson, i guess it could be modern as i suppose there are fish in the Santa Fe....??

The fish fin is Miocene in age it came from Three Lakes Creek in Gainesville. its definitely a fossil.

The fish fin is Miocene in age it came from Three Lakes Creek in Gainesville. its definitely a fossil.

Ahhhhh...Cool bone!! thanks for the ID Brock... :lol:

Thanks for the age and location Anson, will put that info in aswell :D

Archived