Advice In Choosing A Micro-Jack

DLB

I'm looking at buying a Micro-Jack I prep mainly crab but some other small fossils too. I'm thinking of going with a number 5. Can anyone tell me what ones work well for there types of different preps. The advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

The smaller you go, the more detailed of prep you can get. with the trade off of speed of matrix removal. #2 gives the most control with the least amount of removal, great for microscope use on VERY delicate specimens. #5 is quite a bit bigger but still a detail instrument. Most preparators who use a Micro Jack also use a larger instrument (ME9100 or ARO) for bulk removal and then switch to the Micro Jack for the up close and personal part.

The smaller you go, the more detailed of prep you can get. with the trade off of speed of matrix removal. #2 gives the most control with the least amount of removal, great for microscope use on VERY delicate specimens. #5 is quite a bit bigger but still a detail instrument. Most preparators who use a Micro Jack also use a larger instrument (ME9100 or ARO) for bulk removal and then switch to the Micro Jack for the up close and personal part.

Thank you for youre response. I already have 3 me9100 that's why I was looking at the Mico-Jacks since I don't Owen a prep microscope I'm thinking of going with the 5 but I'm seeking the knowlage of others as for what works and which is the most useful for them.

Hey DLB, id say the 5 or 6 is fine unless you have some very very very small crabs. The smaller micro's need a blower installed onto you airline too. Here is hwat ive done so far with my ME9100. Ive still got to clean it up with my ARO but that's as far as I will go with this specimen even though I do have a micro #5.

RB

post-171-0-32477500-1438611074_thumb.jpg

I have lots of small crab I want to complete that's why I was looking in on getting one. Do that all need a dryer? Do they need oil like my me9100s do?

I only oil my air tools when they start acting up. Iimagine rthey willneed an inline air drier, but if aren't using one for the ME9100, who knows.

I use a separator that takes water out of the air and a pre oiler that oils it after. I just wanted to make sure this was ok. I also have a air turbine grinder that doesn't use oil only dry clean air. I wanted to make sure it wasn't like that setup before I use the micro jack. I want to thank everyone for there help.

Well just ordered the MicroJack 5 it should be in my hands by fri was a little spendy but I'm sure it's well worth the price. Can't wait to start to use it :) thanks again for everyone's help in this decision.