Fake Auction Eggs?

domanby2012

I need help trying to figure out if an egg i'm about to buy is a fraud or not, I noticed that this particular seller has actually already been mentioned on this forum for selling items on ebay out of Malaysia before under the post "Hadrosaur Egg Ebay Scam?". I'm not sure what it is about the eggs this person sells but i've never seen any like them. The entire top layer of "eggshell" just seems baron and lacking of any character compared to validated egg fossils; it also seems too uniform. All of this persons eggs look very similar and of about the same quality.... Here are four pictures of the same egg. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

post-19342-0-52169200-1439018166_thumb.jpg
post-19342-0-62598800-1439018194_thumb.jpeg
post-19342-0-13145700-1439018208_thumb.jpeg
post-19342-0-91097900-1439018219_thumb.jpeg

Here is also a cluster of three eggs sold recently, they look the same as the above egg but the setting and matrix don't look quite right to me.
post-19342-0-61493700-1439018520_thumb.jpeg
post-19342-0-51519700-1439018534_thumb.jpeg

Looks fake to me, like one of those mass-produced in Chinese factories by the thousands. The eggshell patterns are highly inconsistent with hadrosaur eggs.

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

My advice is that if you're questioning it just stay away from a sale, why risk buying junk. Photos are always deceiving when it comes to eggs, I always like to hold them to see detail these seem to be lacking. I'm with Andy on this one fake.

They look formulaic, as if mass-produced...I'd pass.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for all the help everyone! I guess i'll keep clear of these and continue searching for a legit one. It's unfortunate people like this seller have to mess things up for everyone; I feel bad for all of the people making bids on his numerous other listings just to throw away there money.
I miss the days of being able to browse stonesandbones or twoguysfossils and have tons of eggs to choose from for a great price, I wish I had grabbed one back then when I had the chance.

And thanks for this forum everyone who helped create it and contribute to it, without it I just would have been another victim.

Once again I appreciate it everyone.