My Dream Fossil Here At Last - Tyrannosaurus Rex Tooth

-Andy-

Aleksandar%20Popov_zps4ookuz88.jpg

T-Rex (CGtalk) by Aleksander Popov

Few feelings can describe the awe of holding a Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth in your hand, knowing this was the killing weapon of one of the mightiest predators ever to walk the Earth. Of course, like many of you, it has always been my dream to own a large T-Rex tooth. After years, I've finally managed to obtain one from an adult. The looks of wonder on the children's faces when I unveil this tooth just make you appreciate just how important dinosaurs are to the imagination of kids and adults alike.

There is no finer fossil in my collection, nor any I love as much (nor any as expensive, but that's to be expected haha). This tooth measures 3 3/4 inches on the leading curve, and 1 3/8 inches in width. There is minor crack filling, but no other restoration. This has been authenticated by the University of Maryland, and the pictures have been shown to accredited experts like Tom Kapitany, Vanessa Weaver and George Corneille. All agree, this is the real deal.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Tyrannosaurus Rex mandible tooth

Hell Creek Formation

Garfield County, Montana, United States of America

Late Cretaceous period - 66.8 - 66.0 million years old

post-4888-0-72705800-1439646175_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-71274500-1439646178_thumb.jpg post-4888-0-81067700-1439646179_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

post-4888-0-35027800-1439647285_thumb.jpg post-4888-0-74046000-1439647287_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-15039200-1439647290_thumb.jpg post-4888-0-01621700-1439647292_thumb.jpg

...and that's one tick off my bucket list!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

:faint:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

No real authentication required on this tooth is clearly says REX. Congratulation, its a tooth every wants in their dinosaur collection. It's a beauty and enjoy, enjoy and feel free to show it off.

Wow, that's beautiful!!!! congrats!!! : )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Wonderful addition, Andy. Congratulations on the sweet piece.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

That was a BIG tick off the list! Boy, you'd hate to have the image of a mouth full of those things slamming shut around you as the last thing you ever see.

Congrates on obtaining one of your dreams... now on to the next!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Congrats, Andy! What a fantastic looking fossil. I can't (and don't want to) imagine a hungry mouth full of those chasing you down! :P

EDIT: caldigger, great minds... You must have posted just before me. :D

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Rexy and I know it!!! Awesome tooth.

Good eye Seth! The trip to Isla Nublar wasn't easy, but I'm glad my Ingen team succeeded :)

Well, at least you got a FANTASTIC one to go in the collection. I would love to find one like that.

WyomingRocks!

Stephen

Awesome piece, I bet it wasn't cheap but worth every penny! She's a real beauty, well done!

Andy, your collectiion is astounding, before this piece, I always loved your Cretaceous predator tooth collection, and your lobster from Java, but this blows them out of the water! Congratulations on such an amazing piece!

So I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and door will be opened for you. -Jesus Christ

• 4 weeks later...