Looking For Unprepped Fossils.

fossilized6s

I'm looking to better my skills in prepping, repairing and restoring. I'm looking for unprepped material. Trilobites, Ammonites, crabs, etc. I have a lot of Mazon material for trade and some other stuff I'm willing to let go. I'll take some pictures when I get home (I'm on vacation). I would like to get my hands on Trilobites, as I don't have many in my collection.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Hi as per usual I have some Whitby ammonites in limestone if you are interested no way to tell what you will get, they range in size from 1" to 2 1/2" possibly some with more than 1 ammonite in them.

I recently posted some to US and it isn't as expensive as I thought only cost £5 ($7:50)

Nothing exciting but willing to send you some.

Regards

Mike

We really need to get you out trilobite hunting. You should attend the St.Paul Indiana trip this October. It's amazing.

...I'm back.

I have a few Moroccan trilobites still in the little blocks of matrix. These were selected by a pro from a pile of 'em for interest, completeness, and ease of prep for an inexperienced bug-prepper (me). I never got interested once I got them here.

post-42-0-76727700-1439658774_thumb.jpg post-42-0-88113900-1439658921_thumb.jpg

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

I would also be interested in unprepared material. Although I don't really have anything good for trade though. If anybody has something they just wanna get rid of.

Hi as per usual I have some Whitby ammonites in limestone if you are interested no way to tell what you will get, they range in size from 1" to 2 1/2" possibly some with more than 1 ammonite in them.I recently posted some to US and it isn't as expensive as I thought only cost £5 ($7:50)Nothing exciting but willing to send you some.RegardsMike

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate the offer. Can you please post pictures?

We really need to get you out trilobite hunting. You should attend the St.Paul Indiana trip this October. It's amazing.

Yeah, I really want to go.

I have a few Moroccan trilobites still in . little blocks of matrix. These were selected by a pro from a pile of 'em for interest, completeness, and ease of prep for an inexperienced bug-prepper (me). I never got interested once I got them here.

attachicon.giftrilobites_unprep_pairA.JPG attachicon.giftrilobites_unprep_pairB.JPG

Thanks, Harry. I appreciate it. I'm not sure if they're exactly what I'm looking for, but I am interested. It would be tough to trade with someone that has everything. Hahaha!

I can't afford to purchase any fossil material at the moment.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK

Thanks, Mike. Can you post pics, please? Or PM me pics? Have you tried to prep your ammos?

~Charlie~

Hi at the moment I have some unprepared fossils from Solnhofen area for trade (shrimps and lobster). Are you interested in a trade?post-17297-0-64370600-1439714624_thumb.jpg

post-17297-0-07113700-1439714651_thumb.jpg

post-17297-0-03702100-1439714688_thumb.jpg

post-17297-0-76956700-1439714713_thumb.jpg

Hi I cant seam to get more than the 2 images to attach I am not on my normal PC so will add some if you want me 2, the 2 images are typical of what you get I do have some more that are multiples, you are welcome to them, these 2 will be about 2 1/2 " when prepped.

Regards

Mike

post-15295-0-01390300-1439716193_thumb.png

post-15295-0-91910100-1439716249_thumb.png

Hi at the moment I have some unprepared fossils from Solnhofen area for trade (shrimps and lobster). Are you interested in a trade?attachicon.gifAntrimpos meyeri p+n.jpg

Yes, I would be interested in a trade. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Hi I cant seam to get more than the 2 images to attach I am not on my normal PC so will add some if you want me 2, the 2 images are typical of what you get I do have some more that are multiples, you are welcome to them, these 2 will be about 2 1/2 " when prepped.

Regards

Mike

Thanks, Mike for posting pics. Yeah, I would love to try a Whitby Ammo. That first one looks like a piece I would like to try. What kind stuff are you looking for?

~Charlie~

Thanks for your answer, can you send me picts of your Mazon material you would offer in trade for my Solnhofen fossils.

regards Franz

I have unprepped matrix from Black cat mountain Oklahoma.

I would love to add a BCM trilo to the collection, especially if i get to prep it.

Thanks for your answer, can you send me picts of your Mazon material you would offer in trade for my Solnhofen fossils.

regards Franz

It will be my pleasure when I get home. I'll be home next week. I'm on holiday in Copper Harbor, MI.

~Charlie~

Hello Charlie

If you dont have many trilobites I will be happy to send you one of my nicer trilobite tails I find here.

They're small but pretty rare species and I have loads that I dug personally. Will be happy to send you one just for fun, got some nice ones to spare.

Dont need anyhing in return. You sent me such a nice bunch a while back :-)

If the ones Harry is offering you are not your cup of tea, let me know as I have been looking for some Moroccan prep jobs myself for a while now.

Have a great holiday. You deserve it after your recent nightmares.

Pat

I have loads of ammo material from the pierre shale, but I only trade for unprepped crabs. That's a tuff one.

RB

I can hook you up with a couple

Wow!! Are those all trilobites or just unknowns until you prep them?

Hello Charlie

If you dont have many trilobites I will be happy to send you one of my nicer trilobite tails I find here.

They're small but pretty rare species and I have loads that I dug personally. Will be happy to send you one just for fun, got some nice ones to spare.

Dont need anyhing in return. You sent me such a nice bunch a while back :-)

If the ones Harry is offering you are not your cup of tea, let me know as I have been looking for some Moroccan prep jobs myself for a while now.

Have a great holiday. You deserve it after your recent nightmares.

Pat

I PM'd him. I'll let you know, sir. Thanks, Pat for the offer, I really appreciate that. I'm hoping to get out this Fall and finally find my own Trilobites.

I have loads of ammo material from the pierre shale, but I only trade for unprepped crabs. That's a tuff one.RB

Yeah, my tiny Horseshoe crabs can't compete with those West coast or NZ crabs.

~Charlie~

I PM'd him. I'll let you know, sir. Thanks, Pat for the offer, I really appreciate that. I'm hoping to get out this Fall and finally find my own Trilobites.

Found a complete trilo couple days ago which is unworldly rare on that locality. Been hitting that place hard for the last 3 years but only managed to find 3 more or less complete ones amongst the huge amount of tails & frags in all those years. So I am well pleased with that.

So, you want one of them tiny tails? PM me your adress :-)

Hi Charlie,

I don't know just something that is different from what I have maybe something like a tooth of some sort, or anything you think is a fair trade, I have never traded anything before. I wont just send you 1 though I have a bout 5 that you can have and all are similar to the picture, at lease 1 will be a double.

Regards

Mike

Hi Charlie,I don't know just something that is different from what I have maybe something like a tooth of some sort, or anything you think is a fair trade, I have never traded anything before. I wont just send you 1 though I have a bout 5 that you can have and all are similar to the picture, at lease 1 will be a double.RegardsMike

Yeah, I am definitely interested. I appreciate it, Mike.

Yes all those pieces have trilos in them. They were hand picked by Bob Carroll and myself.

I would love a Bob Carroll bug!

I'll snap some pictures of my trade material tonight. A big Thank you to everyone who has responded.

~Charlie~

Found a complete trilo couple days ago which is unworldly rare on that locality. Been hitting that place hard for the last 3 years but only managed to find 3 more or less complete ones amongst the huge amount of tails & frags in all those years. So I am well pleased with that.

So, you want one of them tiny tails? PM me your adress :-)

Congrats on the cool find, Pat. I'm OK on the Trilo tails. I really appreciate your kind offer though. Good luck with your future bug hunting.

~Charlie~

Archived