Fillmore County Hunt 8/15

DUST N BONES

We met up with Bev of Bluffcountryfossils.net and hit the back roads for a full day of sightseeing, site seeing and hunting in the ordivician rocks of the Galena Formation. We came out of it with even more knowledge than she shared on the group tour the week before. She did a fun write up on her adventure blog with pictures. Well worth the read! We had a great time!

Here is a picture from our trip where braciopods, crinoid sections and bryazones showed up in numbers but my best finds were a trilobite (pictured below, sort of) and a nice cephlapod imprint with part of the shell attached (no photo yet). Dad also found a clam, need some prep before a photo can do it justice. Also found something that could be a cephlapod but not sure. I'll post that to the ID forum. Thanks for checking this out!

post-19367-0-11880100-1439853776_thumb.jpg

Edited by DUST N BONES
  • I found this Informative 1

I dont know about cephalopod..Looks like a trilobite to me. Anataphrus vigilans would be my first thought..great find!!!!!!

Best regards,

Paul

...I'm back.

Thanks! I just edited the text, the ceph photo didn't load. Thanks for the ID on the trilobite.

Hello dustnbones. Was just at Bevs today and she told me how much fun someone had hunting with her yesterday. I am assuming you are the happy young man. Sounds like you covered all of Fillmore County!!! I started hunting fossils 2 years ago and it was Bev that stimulated my appetite for the sport. Watch out, it is addicting. You may not have time for things like school work,girls or sports. Wait, maybe that is a good thing! Anyhow, looks like that trilobite may be a whole roller. Wouldn't Bev clean it off for you? hah hah. Keep up the good work.

Mike

P.S. I live half way between you and Bev in a town called Plainview. There are plenty of fossil sites closer to you than Fillmore, County. I can direct you to some if you are interested.

• I found this Informative 1

http://www.bluffcountryfossils.net/blog/dust-n-bones-hunts-fillmore-county/

So I'm thinking Antephrus borreaus if he gets it out of the rock. :-)

It was a WONDERFUL hunt :meg dance::yay-smiley-1::rain dance: and I have lots of pictures and a funny write up on my blog. :-D A little granny backwoods humor as they were city folks. LOL :-D

DUST N BONES has a knack for spotting fossils!

And thanks for the nod Minnesota Buckeye! I'm still GAGA over the paleo-sculpture you dropped off today! It's already on my blog! Hope you don't mind. :) Can I put it on TFF??? Please... Please... Please... Paleo-recreations? It is sooo AWESOME!

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

ya thank you all for your nice comments I appreciate all of I've been trying to look at all of your posts cause they look amazing and look really really interesting. this is the first time I've had something like this before. I've never had anything quite like this I'm old fashioned for a guy my age so I don't have face book or twitter or anything of the sort. heck I even have an old phone and this thing could pass as a fossil. so i am looking forward to figuring out the forum and looking at all your blogs and posts and all the fun stuff on here thanks again. and minnbuckeye I'm looking forward to talking with u and bev and just talking fossils. There aren't too many people in the cities that are into this type of thing. and thank u bev!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was extremly fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DUST N BONES

Glad you are having a good time, DUST N BONES!

Have you noticed the forum are "Fossil Sites" as you scroll down? Places around the world?

United States

Minnesota

You may be interested in some of these posts.

Bev :-)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts: