More Beach Fossils

niazi

Yes, various sections through horn corals.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

They remind me of the Grewinkia fossils I find in the Ordovician rocks near where I live, maybe that's what these are

Although if you got them from the same place as the fossils from your other topic, they would be from the lucas formation and Devonian

I don't know. I know you've got another topic with fossils from the lake Ontario, did you get those from the same place as these?

Just from looking at the fossils here I feel as though they are Grewingkia and Ordovician. Someone like fossildawg would know for sure though

yea, that post will be the "fish scale?" one, where I mentioned from lake ontario.

Do you have any idea what the fossils in post #2 and #3 might be?

This looks like a piece of rugose in the top left corner and tabulate coral on the bottom. I recognize what it is, I just forget the name...

If this isn't Ordovician, I will eat my hat.

4zvpy0.jpg

And this seems to me like some crinoid pieces. I'll get my ID books later, I can't seem to remember that name of the tabulate

34eamvn.jpg

If these fossils actually turn out to be Silurian, after I finished eating my hat I would tell you the coral is Pleurodictyum. However I'm still sure they are Ordovician, and that tabulate I mentioned looks similar to the Silurian Pleurodictyum

Hmmm, if you want I can give a close up of the structures in the yellow-brown rock. Can you tell me which books do you have for ID?

P.S get a candy hat, it's quicker to finish and easier to eat :P

I've got quite a few books, but some of my favourites are Bruce Stinchcomb's Paleozoic fossils books- He has two that I know of. I also have the Audubon society fossil book as well.

I'm not actually wearing a hat right now, so if I need to eat one I can just get whichever one is most convenient. I hear the regular ones are tough to chew.

Archived