Nothing Exciting In Today's Hunt, But Some Great Colors!

reddesilets

I finally was able to get out alone today now that the kids are in school and I had some gas in my van's tank. ;) I scouted places Tuesday but didn't find any place hopeful. Everything is sooooo overgrown right now, it's looking like fall would be better to look at some of those sites again after the plant life has retreated and died off for the winter. I tried to scout a few more places but the only hopeful access road would have required a 4x4 with better clearance - not what my Kia Sedona is! :P So I went back to one place that has been hunted about to death. We've had some heavy rains the past couple days so I was hoping to find something good. Alas, tiny teeth is pretty much it. I did leave a couple of very small ray plates behind as I have plenty of those. I will say one thing for this place, the colors are AMAZING! Pink and orange along with the "usual" darker, even black, colors.

I don't know what the last piece is in the last of the photos. It has the right fossilized appearance and sound and all that (clinks when I tap it on my teeth). Either just a rock or maybe a piece of fossilized wood? No clue. Probably nothing though...

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy the pics of these very colorful teeth. :) Oh! BTW the paper they are on is beige, not white. Probably should have dug out some white paper for this... :/ I'm learning...

(PS - I'm getting pretty good at finding these tiny teeth. Maybe it'll come in handy later if I ever try to find micro fossils ;) )

post-18444-0-23185600-1440093339_thumb.jpg

post-18444-0-62530900-1440093339_thumb.jpg

post-18444-0-92437800-1440093339_thumb.jpg

post-18444-0-96387800-1440093340_thumb.jpg

post-18444-0-16702500-1440093358_thumb.jpg

post-18444-0-54357400-1440093358_thumb.jpg

post-18444-0-83582300-1440093358_thumb.jpg

post-18444-0-13058100-1440093359_thumb.jpg

"Direct observation of the testimony of the earth ... is a matter of the laboratory, of the field naturalist, of indefatigable digging among the ancient archives of the earth's history."

— Henry Fairfield Osborn

Wow! Really? I may have to take this down to the College of Charleston and see if they can offer any input. If it is, then I will be STOKED! It was just different than anything I've found. I knew it was broken and incomplete but I couldn't resist bringing it home. :)

"Direct observation of the testimony of the earth ... is a matter of the laboratory, of the field naturalist, of indefatigable digging among the ancient archives of the earth's history."

— Henry Fairfield Osborn

Nice finds reddesilets! They are something good! Thanks for sharing!

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

tiny, but nice!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks