Does Anyone Have/seen Any Utahraptor Material?

Raptor Lover

Do any of you guys have any Utahraptor fossils or have seen any Utahraptor fossils?

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

Awesome. That looks like a big foot

Ahh I see. And thats a huge killing claw

"The better to scratch your back with my dear"! (ok, ok I stole a line from little red riding hood, but it seemed fitting).

"The better to scratch your back with my dear"! (ok, ok I stole a line from little red riding hood, but it seemed fitting).

Haha :)

I'm not familiar with Utahraptor. Back in the early 1980s we were out hiking around what's called the Book Cliffs north of Arches NP and were more I looking for artifacts. Got quite a few of those...there were hundreds of scrapers. We also found a couple of theropod toe fragment and a tooth. Never knew the age of them...Cretaceous? Jurassic? They aren't all that different from what we find here. I just call them 'raptor'. I was back in the area in the mid 90's or so and found nothing...just artifacts.

The collecting pattern can be puzzling in that part of the southwest USA. Find nothing, not a scrap, then a decent specimen like a toe bone, little vertebra, etc....think it's going to be good collecting...then back to nothing, not a scrap. So different from our Cretaceous where there is so much Dino material that it's like clutter and any good specimens worth collecting are lost among the scraps.

Archived