Camera Suggestions For Fossil Picture-taking?

fossilover

hey, aeromike, i'm thinkin' you're probably violatin' some even-distribution-of-toys regs. but what i really wanted to know was, do you have a padded case for the d90 and lenses so they don't get banged up on the floorboards when you punch it to go wheels up before the end of STOL roads in them orange machines?

Tracer, rest assured buddy that I have not one but two, count em TWO padded cases, and I think there is a case out on me to be put in a padded room, not sure on that one yet. Anyhow I digress, I have one more orange machine I am after and it will be tough to obtain since there are only 300 made but I have located one within 200 miles........................now I just need to sell the house in Georgia since I am hardly ever there. That and I can finally get my big screen TV back!

Would it also help if I told you I have a 1968 Firebird 400 that is blue? would that even it out just a little? because if it does, I will tell you that, lol

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

so readin' between the lines, what yer sayin' is that i can have all kinda toys like that too if i'll just sell a house in georgia? can it be any house there? and how do i go about figurin' out which one to sell? but seriously, i'm beginning to think you're the one we should all start warting on to obtain a substantial piece of pungo/yorktown formation to invite fossiling acquaintances to go visit. phosphate doesn't rust, you know, and it never needs its oil changed...

Before you spend any money, make sure your technique is sound. Try taking a close up in macro mode with good lighting and a tripod. If possilble, use some shade cloth outside as a diffuser, or pick a shady spot during mid day. I like cloudy days for macro-photography. If your images still come out blurry, you probably do need a better camera. I have found that most blurry close-ups are the result of camerashake and low light. The lower the light, the longer the shutter is held open, increacing the chances that camera shake will become an issue. The first two images here are taken with a Finepix S3000 with 3.2 megapixels.

Walt

Hi Walt, Yes I have decided I do need to work on my technique before investing in a new camera. I know it has alot to do with the person taking the picture just as much (if not more) than the camera itself. I am going to try out some different things with my camera this weekend and reread the manual. However, I do not have a tripod to help stabilize the image. How about if I used the delay feature on my camera? That way I can set the camera down before it takes the picture. I will have to try that, too and see what works. I am not used to taking close up shots, so it is something I need to play around with. My camera does have a macro feature, so I will try that, too. Thank you for your suggestions. By the way, those shots are great!

And thanks to everyone else who took the time to put in their two cents (although its worth more to me - just dont send me a bill!) It looks like I have alot of researching to do.

HI again

Just make sure the camera you want has a good

low light resilution.

And remember amcro setting is not the same as a macro len.

and a beer with any other name is still a beer. :faint: