This T-Rex Tooth Can Be Yours For Only $10.

Fossil Claw

That is if you want horn coral.
"SCIENCE-TEACHER-ESTATE-PARTIAL-ROOT-FOSSIL-DINOSAUR-TYRANNOSAURUS-T-REX-TOOTH"

post-423-0-90143900-1440719509_thumb.jpg

post-423-0-94100600-1440719525_thumb.jpg

I saw the exact same thing today. It's such a shame how fossils can be misidentified so easily. They don't even have a clue of what they're selling. I hope he informers the bidder about the correction.

I sent him a note, curious to see what the response will be.

I'm curious as well. Do you mind letting me know what he says?

I saw the exact same thing today. It's such a shame how fossils can be misidentified so easily. They don't even have a clue of what they're selling. I hope he informers the bidder about the correction.

I'm curious as well. Do you mind letting me know what he says?

He responded by pulling the auction.

Glad to hear he took it down.

Most of the time when I point something out like this the seller sells it anyway.

This appears to be an honest mistake like I said. Sometimes it works to let them know and it was more than one person making the point. I've see them go both ways with some very nasty responses.

I have also seen mislabeled items where the item is worth way more than what it is labeled as. I have received nasty responses then also.

I usually respond by buying it cheap.

I was doing the Fossil Expo at Denver in 2000 and the guy next to me was selling , amoung other things, a bunch of rugose coral all nicely polished up and even had a sign as to what they were,,, but sooooooooo many people still automatically thought they were dino teeth. So, if it looks like a tooth, then its a tooth, and if its round, then its an egg. Ha!!!

RB

Well brilliant minds must think alike... and search the same listings. I too had contacted him a few days ago and let him know it was a rugose, never got a message response. I would guess we weren't the only ones that tried to set him straight and he finally pulled it.

Sometimes, the seller will just ignore the message and continue the sell. I'm glad he did the right thing!

Dorensigbadges.JPG