Short Trip January 5 2008

Gatorman

Cris and I went out on the river today, not much purpose to it we just went to get out... We decided to go to a little creek off the Santa Fe that we've found lots of deer bones and teeth in, didn't do very well was rather disappointed but we weren't there very long so I guess it could have been worse.

Cris found a few gator teeth, luckily none were still attached to a gator... He also found a turtle leg spur, a rodent tooth and a bunch of turtle shell and broken bone. I found a tooth of some sort its worn and missing a little off the back side.. I also found some turtle shell with bite marks and a bone I'm assuming is deer it also has a bite mark I'll post the two items in the ID section of the forum..

As it got dark we decided to float back in the kayak and enjoy the sounds of the nights creatures. Along the way we seen some bats.. a bunch of bats actually, we even caught one on camera.

Heres a couple pics of the creek we were in.

post-1-1199584294_thumb.jpgpost-1-1199584326_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the Santa Fe the water was a really nice temp and its crystal clear and low.

post-1-1199584433_thumb.jpg

Here's a few pics of Cris' bag and some finds.

post-1-1199584521_thumb.jpgpost-1-1199584558_thumb.jpg

post-1-1199584605_thumb.jpg

Ans here's a pic of a bat we caught in action :D

post-1-1199584753.jpg

The bats were the best finds of the day! :D Tons buzzing all around us, in between Anson and I in the kayak, one buzzed Anson's hat, I had a few I thought were gonna slap me in the face since they were less than a foot away.

Whoo!! sounds like you had a pretty good little trip... cant wait too see your finds!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice little river there...wouldnt mind being there right now! need to get out and hunt :P

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Great haul you have there, looks loaded with stuff. Half expected to see a gator

in the background (live).

What are those trees in the pic with the long looking trunk? They are beautiful.

Welcome to the forum!

Cypress trees, one of my favorite... You always know there's been water in that area for a very, very long time if you see those.

Hey Anson. You cant find really cool stuff on every trip. Been there and done that many many times myself. But getting a picture of a bat in flight!!! Thats purty cool. RB

Dang Cris, love the pics of the gators but aren't you

guys worried when you hunt? Sometimes you might not

see them? I think gators are very intimidating..

Don't know if I could relax enough to hunt, probably spend

more time looking all around for the gators instead!

Welcome to the forum!

Haha the gators in the river stay hidden, you almost never see them. The picture of all the gators was taken at Paynes Prairie in Gainesville we walked down to the bank there with all the gators and the just slid into the water. We wanted to find a little one for my daughter to play with.

• 1 month later...

My brother, who lives in Australia just sent me some photos of a huge salty, that when gutted, out spilled human remains! Wow!!! Its purty dang grusome. Just pieces left. A foot, a leg and other stuff. Wouldnt want to hunt for fossils in that particular area!

RB

the salty's here put your alligator wimps to shame! we have had ones up to 26 +ft, 8m+ long......thats one huge croc!!

the salty's here put your alligator wimps to shame! we have had ones up to 26 +ft, 8m+ long......thats one huge croc!!

You still wouldn't swim with our wimp gators :P

I wouldn't even swim with a Caiman. Heck, I wouldn't even swim with a snapping turtle. xD

You still wouldn't swim with our wimp gators :P

haha true, but you wouldnt want to get close enough to get a pic on the bank with one of our crocs!

If I can figure out how to take photos off an email, would anyone want to see these gruesome photos of human remains from a crock gut? They really are not for the faint of heart!!! The thing is, they have nothing to do with fossils. So im just asking?

RB

Umm I would keep them off the board if anyone wants to see it they should message you and get the pics.

HAHAHAHAHAHA RJB your a classic!!!

ahhhh LOL