Preppin Process For A Crab

RJB

Its been a very long time since I posted some photos of the prep process of a fossil crab. this is the common Pulalius crab concretion from the state of Washington. Ive still got to clean it up with my ARO and then smooth out the rock a bit better but its close to done. Here are some pics of the process.

RB

post-171-0-79280100-1440973647_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-83889000-1440973672_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-67377900-1440973695_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-73099000-1440973733_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-75288900-1440973760_thumb.jpg

post-171-0-25968800-1440973782_thumb.jpg

Nice work RB!

Looks like you used s chisel bit for most of it.

Is that a chisel bit on an ME-9100 or a mighty jack junior (can't remember it's actual name :-))?

Thanks Fossil Claw.

Doctor Mud, I think I use the 'Super Jack' for fast removal, but if you do make a mistake with that tool, its a HUGE mistake. you really have to be careful. All the rest is the ME9100 and I will finish it up with the ARO.

RB

Thanks Fossil Claw.

Doctor Mud, I think I use the 'Super Jack' for fast removal, but if you do make a mistake with that tool, its a HUGE mistake. you really have to be careful. All the rest is the ME9100 and I will finish it up with the ARO.

RB

Exquisite work. How many hours went into this guy?

I'll have to get me one of those super jacks :-)

I think the super jack will come in handy for large Tumido concretions ;-)

I can see how you would have to be a veteran crab prepper like your self to minimize risk of damage with the more powerful tool. Otherwise though it can be days of bulk removal.

I've also been looking at getting a front end and chisel for the ME-9100 which I assume would be a step down from the super jack.

Im not sure of the hours Doctor Mud. I didn't keep track of this one. I can tell you that it took waaaaaay too long cause it was a bit 'sticky', but being that it was turning out better than most of the Washington crabs I do, I was happy to put in the time.

The Super Jack is a HUGE step up from the 9100 and its great for fast removal, but again, one mistake,,,, and its a big one! Can you tell ive already made that mistake? Ha!!! Only problem with the Super Jack is that it is Super Expensive. I had to wait several years before I could get one.

RB

Archived