Proposing A Blind Trade

caldigger

Maybe I can find something that falls into line with what you're thinking. Prepped or unprepped? Also, since I am officially fed up with shipping, can we just do an exchange in person? (It's not like I don't see you.)

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

Or Sisterhood!  The Blind Trades are open to all and everyone.

Did any of those trades go through Jay?

We want postings of what is changing hands after all!

But of course. I for one would NEVER shun the fairer sex :-)

I did trade some bits with Jay but that was on a personal level a while ago.

(and with pleasing result I might add)

So if y'all are up to it, shoot me a message and I will see what I can get. Might take me a couple weeks to arrange everything (as I am currently starting a new job so not much time) but  I will get some stuf together.

3 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

This may go against the rules of a trade in the thread, if so just delete this post. Pm me if you are interested in doing a higher end blind trade of top quality material . I can probably do quite a few

We would agree on a minimum value for the trade and an approximate number of items, but the trade itself would be blind, otherwise it takes away some of the fun. For this initial round I would be looking to do in the $200 to $1000 range.  I suspect that a few of you will know the types of things that I collect and prepare. Don't forget that  unprepared specimens are not necessarily a negative

Oh yes! Do I know what you have to offer.

I once was the (very) happy Christmas  recipent of what you thought was small bits but these bits put a HUGE smile on my face :-)

Sadly I have nothing to offer you in that price range but the Lucky sod doing a trade with you will get a super piece!

Pat

On 29.05.2019 at 1:20 PM, caldigger said:

Or Sisterhood!  The Blind Trades are open to all and everyone.

Did any of those trades go through Jay?

We want postings of what is changing hands after all!

On 29.05.2019 at 3:09 PM, DevonianDigger said:

Yes, for the most part. So far I received and sent two. I will photo when I get the chance. I have been very busy lately. Kasia is still waiting for her's to arrive. The tracking number hasn't updated, so I'm trying now to figure out where that one is. Hopefully, it will arrive soon. I still have one more trade to make that was discussed, but I have been bankrupted by international trades, postage is not what it used to be. After this last one, I think I am out for the foreseeable future. Too many issues and getting far too expensive. I might consider domestic trades, but I'm sick of postage problems with overseas trades and the resulting headaches. 

Today I have received the package from Jay :) Inside there was a fantastic collection of various fossils - here are the pictures:

image.png.a157e755753457e2c44380f614356db7.png

image.png.e7a6786354dcb0ddf8fb4c52737a8f8b.png

image.png.3af024daa8705c0588c52490ada1f20f.png

image.png.9d506519c48c8dc914e573603273eb39.png

image.png.a216ca7528d3d91cfee86651342ac9be.png

image.png.864df754c4dd5131ae20352ae4385d97.png

image.png.1cfb3b8cc8ed4362380e0520ce2a87c3.png

Everything is awesome, thanks a lot @DevonianDigger - I am particularly happy with the Peace River stuff, because that part of my collection has been very poor. Now not any more, of course :)

• I found this Informative 2

3 hours ago, Kasia said:

Everything is awesome, thanks a lot @DevonianDigger - I am particularly happy with the Peace River stuff, because that part of my collection has been very poor. Now not any more, of course :)

Very nice selection! 

I like the brachiopods, of course, but the camel tooth is my favourite! :D

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

@Kasia now that's an amazing package! Jay definitely spoiled you! :D 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 5:59 AM, Kasia said:

And where are the pictures of Jay's recievings from Kasia? 

@DevonianDigger

9 minutes ago, Darko said:

I`m down for a trade! :D

I will be back home in 2 days, if you want to do the trade with me, send me a PM :)

18 hours ago, caldigger said:

And where are the pictures of Jay's recievings from Kasia? 

@DevonianDigger

Jay's been having a terrible life lately and forgot to upload them. Now he has to find the photos he took because they're not in his Google Photos where they should be. Worst case I'll rephotograph. Sorry everyone.

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

8 hours ago, DevonianDigger said:

Jay's been having a terrible life lately

:( :commiserate:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much to @DevonianDigger for the great trade,lots of inidentified things for me to research, good use of my summer holidays:look:

I had such a good time would anyone else be up for a trade:dinosmile:

1 hour ago, will stevenson said:

I had such a good time would anyone else be up for a trade:dinosmile:

I am up for a blind trade.  I am heading out of town for a few days so it would be Wednesday or Thursday next week before I would send it out.  PM me if you want to trade.

-Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I proposed a blind trade of more expensive items a while back and for whatever reason no one was interested. A real shame as I had some really great items I was willing to part with. If you would like to do a trade of any type (but not junk) or size or value  send me a PM and we can agree on some sort of parameters so that neither party is disappointed. The only given is that it is a blind trade and that you have been on the forum for a while as a participant. I have no problem with items being unprepped as found as part of trades as prepping them is no issue for me.

For your information A typical package shipped to Canada from the USA by the cheapest US post method is in the $20 to $30 range depending on weight and size. I receive a ton of packages from the US for my prep work and I have never had one go missing or be damaged significantly and they never take more than a week to get here. Always send by the cheapest US post method...

I'm really surprised no one took you up on your offer @Malcolmt.

Your items are world class and museum quality. Someone should contact him as you definately will thank every day you did!

I have one trade in the works so far. I don't think they will be disappointed.

Well the trade is all packaged up and ready to go to the post office. Hope they like it..... 21 items with a fairly high value (agreed to by both parties in advance)..... Almost like Xmas. It might be tough but I should be able to so some lower value blind trades if any of you are up to it or high value is good too.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone interested in trading for English fossils :ighappy:( just a side thought would anyone want minerals and brachiopods and bivalves which I would love to trade:look:)

On 8/1/2019 at 5:03 PM, Malcolmt said:

Almost like Xmas.

Better actually, you don't have to deal with the crowds. :heartylaugh:

I proposed a blind trade of more expensive items a while back and for whatever reason no one was interested.

I think you scared everybody with the high quality stuff , people think they will not be up to the standard ! That being said ,  I can open discussions on a trade ( if worse comes to worst , I can still run up the St Lawrence River and scoop up some unprepped material ....:D)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, will stevenson said:

Thanks for the great trade @Kasia 

OK, let's see it then!  We want to view what both parties get on their trades. :look:

On 7/31/2019 at 10:23 AM, Malcolmt said:

I proposed a blind trade of more expensive items a while back and for whatever reason no one was interested. A real shame as I had some really great items I was willing to part with. If you would like to do a trade of any type (but not junk) or size or value  send me a PM and we can agree on some sort of parameters so that neither party is disappointed. The only given is that it is a blind trade and that you have been on the forum for a while as a participant. I have no problem with items being unprepped as found as part of trades as prepping them is no issue for me.

For your information A typical package shipped to Canada from the USA by the cheapest US post method is in the $20 to $30 range depending on weight and size. I receive a ton of packages from the US for my prep work and I have never had one go missing or be damaged significantly and they never take more than a week to get here. Always send by the cheapest US post method...

I would take you up on this in a heartbeat but I'm afraid to disappoint you with what I have. I do have a few drool worthy things in the collection, but those would kill me to part with. Let me stew this in my head a bit, I might come up with something:dinosmile:

14 minutes ago, caldigger said:

OK, let's see it then!  We want to view what both parties get on their trades. :look:

I’ll take pics when I get back home later^_^