Proposing A Blind Trade

caldigger

Ya. For now we are three.

If is not possible make trades to USA, we can trade between us.

I'm in. :)

Hi Pfooley,

I'm up for a blind trade but the last one was not available to us in the UK, let me know if you can include me this time round.

Regards

Mike

Mr. Pocock, I accept.

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

I could join for trades in Europe, I've sent some stuff to Portugal before ;)

Edited by Kevin H.

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

I could join for trades in Europe, I've sent some stuff to Portugal before ;)

Nice :) .

I'm excited to make some trades.. :D

If you plan to do a trade with PFOOLY I don't think you'll be disappointed. I received very nice stuff and it allowed me to construct a display for my rock show.

I am back on my feet and just verified three more players for the U.S. games. Thanks guys!

I always wanted to see our European cousins play between themselves and view the results (so you'd better post pics!) I am sure there will be some great items exchanged. Unfortunately, I have been out of work due to a back condition and do not have the funds to participate "across the pond". Maybe some day!

This is such a fun game, I'd like to see it carried on and have many more participants. I know many of you out there have lots of spare fossils that you could exchange for one's you don't have.

caldigger

• I found this Informative 1

I feel a little left out, being in Canada where it's getting unreasonably expensive to ship to and from the US as well as to and from Europe, and I don't know if it would be as fun to be restricted to the one or two members who would be willing to ship to me.. they would probably have mainly stuff that I already have examples of (eg. within Canada - Alberta badlands stuff, Arkona Ont, etc).

But it's OK, I don't have much to trade at the moment... just making a comment.

Well, I for one dont mind shipping anywhere in the world, most certainly including Canada, if there is a nice trade. :D

What sort of fossil stuff you usually come by, Wrangellian?

Need I remind you, this is strictly a BLIND trade. No fair giving hints or clues as to what will be sent. That's the challenge of it, the not knowing.

Cheers, caldigger

Caldigger and I have just sent off our respective trades....I see nothing but good things coming out of this 'blind trade'. At the end of the day yes there is a bit of expense, but look at what we can all get out of it....Besides the social and sharing a fascinating science.

I also want to advise that sending or posting internationally is a pain in the (&%*%(% and my example is sending a jug of maple syrup ($12) to my daughter who lives in London cost me $45!!!!!! last Christmas.... Was it worth it? You bet it was.......

Regards

Bruce

Caldigger and I have just sent off our respective trades....I see nothing but good things coming out of this 'blind trade'. At the end of the day yes there is a bit of expense, but look at what we can all get out of it....Besides the social and sharing a fascinating science.

I also want to advise that sending or posting internationally is a pain in the (&%*%(% and my example is sending a jug of maple syrup ($12) to my daughter who lives in London cost me $45!!!!!! last Christmas.... Was it worth it? You bet it was.......

Regards

Bruce

Sending overseas can indeed be a harrowing experience.

However, having send lots of stuff overseas, I have found that sending small stuff in just a padded envelope works just great.

Larger packages is highly expensive but a padded envelope shouldnt cost more than just few bucks more.

Of course that limits you to sending lesser fragile items but in my opinion it works just great.

People, when sending someone fossils, kindly include some sort of information as to the ID, at least the location found, formation name, age of strata, etc. I just got a box with fossils and nothing else. It makes it rather difficult to label when you don't get any information with them at all. Sure they are cool looking, but that's all they are without info.

I hope to see some nice stuff exchanged. You cats across the pond better show off what you got!

I know Cal, I was just asking what sort of stuff Wrangellian finds in his neck of the Woods....

Canadian stuff ,eh.

Results of the latest round:

From Waterline (Bruce A.) two brachiopod halves, two whole brachiopods, a plate of small brachiopods, two partial Erathia trilos.

post-12286-0-12387400-1458251161_thumb.jpg

And from Ptychodus04 (Kris H. ) a fossil reed plate, fossil plate of leaves, four ammonites, mosasaur vertebrae-tooth- and paddle bone, a crinoid cup, two large echinoids, two squalicorax teeth, several tiny rolled trilobites, and a vial of Permian amphibian/ reptile bones and jaw pieces.

post-12286-0-96983300-1458251648_thumb.jpg

One more still coming.

Edited by caldigger
  • I found this Informative 2

I'm still waiting for the parcels :mellow: .

shouldn't take to long now :)

I am waiting one from US. :mellow:

Parcels from the US can take several weeks to get to Europe :(

It will get there eventualy :)