Proposing A Blind Trade

caldigger

I am in too!

As Always!

Will take me a week or 3 to get something together though as I have busy times ahead but if anyone is interested, 'I'll be your Huckleberry" :-)

• 5 months later...

Hi TFF

I took one of @caldigger legendary trades at was not disappointed . I received an fantastic and varied collection. I will try and do my best to represent it here.

As for favourite petrified wood, shark teeth - bakersfied and the very beautiful allodesmus tooth.

1 : squalicorax pristodontis (crow shark) - morocco

2 : athyris sp. brachiopod - kentucky usa

3 : terrapene carolina - florida usa

4 : galeocerdo cuvier - florida usa

5 : bivalve stienkerns - texas usa

6 : eosestheria sp (clams ) and insect- china

7 : various shark teeth - bakersfied, ca usa

8 : elima tenera (fresh water snail) - wyoming usa

9 : unidentified bivalves - california usa

10: odocoileus virginanus (white tailed deer) antler & parts - florida usa

11: trilgate spinatryph - iowa usa

12: mastadon tooth pieces - florida usa

13: ilymatogyra arietina - texas usa

14: tortoise fighting spurs - florida usa

15: hadrophyllum orbignyi - indiana usa

16: paucicrura rogata - minnesota usa

17: cut & polished petrified wood - oregon usa

18: horse tooth - florida usa

19: allodesmus sp cheek tooth - bakersfield ca us

20: pleutomaria sp (gastrpod) - Madagascar

thank you so much Doren a very kind trade indeed and thank you the boxes and stands too. I would like to buy some more of them boxes at some point.

cheers Bobby

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Very generous trade! Lots of goodies!

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Thanks Rob, I mistakenly posted what you sent me in the wrong thread ( the one with single item trades). Glad you are happy with it.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

@caldigger Doren coopaucicrura rogata are really cool too and with a macro lens I spotted this grain  on top of it. What do you think it is?

FB0FD6B1-276E-4F66-849E-CF7DF426F99B.jpeg

@caldigger  @Kane

You folks think bryozoan, rather than ostracod on the brachiopod? 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

7 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Lovely package, Bobby! 

You must be very happy. :)

Thanks Adam yes it was a very good trade . Doren is always very kind and has beautiful trade material. My problem now is a need some better storage for little fossils . I have a small old wooden engineers tool box that is now completely full.

5 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thanks Adam yes it was a very good trade . Doren is always very kind and has beautiful trade material. My problem now is a need some better storage for little fossils . I have a small old wooden engineers tool box that is now completely full.

This is one half of a drawer of the six drawers on my cabinet (47"w x 29"d) that are getting quite full also. As you can see, most everything in there is one of a kind. Most all from trades.

I get these fold up mineral boxes from a company in Colorado. Really nice way for small storage. I need to get more boxes!!!

20180317_061802.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Really lovely display and it does look very interesting. I really wish I had the space for a bigger drawers unit but we just have a small house. Thanks for showing us Doren.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Really lovely display and it does look very interesting. I really wish I had the space for a bigger drawers unit but we just have a small house. Thanks for showing us Doren.

Son, you have no idea how much I need a bigger place to accommodate the size of this unit. It takes a good portion of my living room and with two large glass store display cabinets, it doesn't allow me much space to practice my ballroom dancing. :raindance:

I feel like Harry Potter living in that cubby under the stairs.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

Son, you have no idea how much I need a bigger place to accommodate the size of this unit. It takes a good portion of my living room and with two large glass store display cabinets, it doesn't allow me much space to practice my ballroom dancing. :raindance:

I feel like Harry Potter living in that cubby under the stairs.

Got you, no room to Tango . 

I believe this is a common problem for TFF members but as they say if you get tangled up tango on. I will have to keep an eye out for a storage solution.

11 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

@caldigger  @Kane

You folks think bryozoan, rather than ostracod on the brachiopod? 

Thanks Tim I can’t work it out it looks like both of them . It can only be 1mm . :dinothumb:

• 4 weeks later...

I did a blind trade with Jay W. (DevonianDigger). We both wanted to do a multi item trade in lue of the single trades fad that has become popular. As we have seen, there has been a bit if cheating in that respect with not keeping it structured to single items.

Anywho, here is the fossil fiesta that awaited me in my postal box this evening.

A hoard of wonderful items ranging from the Devonian to the Pleistocene.

Many delightful things from New York and beyond. Thank you Jay!

20180413_204701.jpg

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 3/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, caldigger said:

This is one half of a drawer of the six drawers on my cabinet (47"w x 29"d) that are getting quite full also. As you can see, most everything in there is one of a kind. Most all from trades.

I get these fold up mineral boxes from a company in Colorado. Really nice way for small storage. I need to get more boxes!!!

20180317_061802.jpg

Some really gorgeous pieces there, Doren! :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

11 hours ago, caldigger said:

I did a blind trade with Jay W. (DevonianDigger). We both wanted to do a multi item trade in lue of the single trades fad that has become popular. As we have seen, there has been a bit if cheating in that respect with not keeping it structured to single items.

Anywho, here is the fossil fiesta that awaited me in my postal box this evening.

A hoard of wonderful items ranging from the Devonian to the Pleistocene.

Many delightful things from New York and beyond. Thank you Jay!

20180413_204701.jpg

Some excellent gifts in that exchange! 

I love the trilos and brachipods! :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎24‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 9:32 PM, Bobby Rico said:

Any body next week want to do a blind trade ? I need to wait to payday.:D

Well, sure why not

I might have to wait till payday till the end of the mont (sadly) but Always in for a fun trade :-)

On 24.04.2018 at 9:32 PM, Bobby Rico said:

Any body next week want to do a blind trade ? I need to wait to payday.:D

I'm in :) Please tell me what are the principles of such trade.