Upper Carboniferous From French Alps

docdutronc

Hello

last finds

A small frond Neuropteris ovata Hoffmann , Dicranophyllum axis from french Alps .....  

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0866.jpgIMG_0873.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Dicranophyllum from french alps ( South Belledonne )  , the two latest samples have been discovered by my collegue Aurélien ....

IMG_0878.jpg_C040006.jpg_C040008.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Superb finds, Bruno!  Great to see you posting again.  :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hey Bruno, enjoyed seeing the latest. What gorgeous coloration! Especially liked seeing the Rhacopteris. 

Regards, Chris  

• 4 weeks later...

Bruno, that is a really special find. Nice! Is that an old site that you have collected from before or is it a new site? 

Regards, Chris 

11 hours ago, Plantguy said:

Bruno, that is a really special find. Nice! Is that an old site that you have collected from before or is it a new site? 

Regards, Chris 

Hi Chris ,it is not a new site , already in South Belledonne , carboniferous outcrop of Vaulnaveys a small city near Grenoble ,along a way in a wood .... Look Aphlebia and Dicranophyllum

IMG_1237.JPGIMG_1224.JPGimg_3712.jpg

13 hours ago, Plantguy said:

I found in this outcroops Lepidodendron axis ,  an unknow axis with furrows , and Cordaites leaves with brown color .  

IMG_1226.JPGIMG_1238.JPGIMG_1244.JPGIMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

img_3712.jpg

Hi Bruno, thanks for the reply. Looks like some great variety. The Lepidodendron axis is especially interesting.

Lepidodendron preservation.jpg

Is there a name/term for that form/type of internal preservation? I've seen it before in other specimens but it occurs to me I dont know if it actually has a name. 

Regards, Chris 

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:14 AM, Plantguy said:

Hi Bruno, thanks for the reply. Looks like some great variety. The Lepidodendron axis is especially interesting.

Lepidodendron preservation.jpg

Is there a name/term for that form/type of internal preservation? I've seen it before in other specimens but it occurs to me I dont know if it actually has a name. 

Regards, Chris 

Hi Chris 

I 'm not sure whether it is Lepidodendron axis, Dicranophyllun also presents leaf cushions  , no name at the moment for these wood structures ! .... 

I found this Cordaites , It looks like a tube of toothpaste which is pressed and which presents undulation due to the loss of its paste, the leaf is thick and after maceration it loses its material! 

The second sample looks like Artisia .....

Best regards

Bruno

IMG_1394.jpgIMG_1396.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1387.jpgIMG_1392.jpg