Albertosaurus And Parasaurolophus Diorama

Allaurasaurus

Watching you work at this level is humbling, and a privilege. Amazing to see the form, proportion, detail all come together so quickly. Very much looking forward to more updates. Thanks for sharing.

Very very good, keep going we cant wait to see the finished piece.

Thanks for the up date looking forward to the next instalment.

Regards

Mike

Incredible really. I have no idea of the materials or techniques you use to create this sculpture.

What kind of clay do you use and do you put it in a house oven or a kiln?

How are you able to work on it in stages?

Looking forward to the progression.

Thanks

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Incredible really. I have no idea of the materials or techniques you use to create this sculpture.

What kind of clay do you use and do you put it in a house oven or a kiln?

How are you able to work on it in stages?

Looking forward to the progression.

Thanks

Thank you ! And thanks a lot to all of you for your very nice comments, I'll keep posting updates on the progress of this sculpture, which I hope to be a bit quicker soon !

I am using the Super Sculpey polymer clay. I bake it in the house oven, carefully in order not to burn it, as the fume have a pretty nasty smell when it burns.

I don't have any particular technique, just usual sculpting tools (small version, not the clay and pottery ones) and a lot of improvisation for the textures.

You can bake your Sculpey a bit and sculpt on top and bake it again, I have done it for the skull and bit of legs to have a hard support for the fresh clay.

Thanks again for the support !

• I found this Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just finished the Parasaurolophus today ! At least for now, I will have to work on the few bits a couldn't get while working on the wooden board, but that will be later on, when the Albertosaurus is also done. I am very exited to start the Theropod now, it will be a new challenge.
So here are some pictures, I hope you'll like them, and next to the Albertosaurus !

post-18855-0-83095300-1446766195_thumb.jpg

post-18855-0-66733800-1446766197_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous work. Can't wait to see the predator causing all this evident terror. Thanks again for sharing the progress; it's inspiring.

Outstanding work! Thanks for sharing the progress and keeping us updated. As dadrummond already said, can't wait to see the tyrannosaur!

i have to ask, what did you use or what technique you implemented to get that scale detail? its beautifully done

i have to ask, what did you use or what technique you implemented to get that scale detail? its beautifully done

I tried to use a stamp I made, but it was too hard and was pushing the clay in, changing the shapes. I decided to use a small tube and do dots by dots !

I really like your artwork. If you are like me you never really finish art you just have to stop sometime. Looking forward to seeing the project as it goes and when you decide to stop. It will look great.

• I found this Informative 1

I tried to use a stamp I made, but it was too hard and was pushing the clay in, changing the shapes. I decided to use a small tube and do dots by dots !

well it certainly was an improvement. its turning into a wonderful piece of artwork. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I made progress on the Parasaurolophus today, a bit more details added to it !

It's taking shape.

Looks amazing

"Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you" Job 12:8

exceptional work looking forward to the completed piece and will follow this thread with anticipation.

Thanks for sharing

Regards Mike