Origami Dinosaur Skeletons

fossilsrock

These were both designed by a Japanese artist named Issei Yoshino. Each are made from multiple squares. They won't stand up to serious anatomical scrutiny but they're pretty fun to make! I think I've made 5 or 6 of each through the years.

post-1418-0-81272700-1441338460_thumb.jpgpost-1418-0-86223200-1441338485_thumb.jpg

-Not a dinosaur.

This "Shark Jaw" is not based on any real species (the dentition is all the same teeth!) but it's special to me because it's my original design - folded from a single square of paper without any cuts. I've included the "crease pattern" so you can see how many folds it takes.

post-1418-0-06944100-1441338771_thumb.jpgpost-1418-0-61098000-1441338783_thumb.jpg

Those are looking nice :-)

Anny chance you could make a paper trilobite?

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Those are really great!!!! I hope you can keep them as works of art to have in your future, they are great keepsakes. :wub::yay-smiley-1:

Sure, do you need one?

I dont' realy need one ^_^ , I would be glad with just a picture of it.

How long does it take to fold something like the pictures you showed, a few months back they showed me how to fold a lotus, It took me a while to make it.

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

The skeletons take a week each for folding and assembly, but I can't say actual hours. The longest I spent on a single piece was 40 hours on a dragon (made from one big square.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very Nice, I had a go at origami once but I have fingers like sausages so didn't take to it.

Thanks for sharing

Regards

Mike