Troodon

My Jurassic Park: Dinosaurs From Uzbekistan/Asia

Runner64

Very neat. You don't usually find material from Uzbekistan. Once again, thanks for sharing some of your fossils. Love them.

jpc

troodon... I know you do some collecting in the Hell Creek, but your recent "Jurassic Park" posts leave me wondering do you also collect in the Morrison, and I assume form your "I'm not that crazy" comment that you do not collect in Uzbekistan, or any other Stan. Just being curious.

Troodon

I have collected in the Morrison but just don't have the access I do in the Hell Creek or Lance simple as that. Would love to given the opportunity.

Dracorex_hogwartsia

Hi Frank, many years ago, I was offered some Iguanodontian teeth from Uzbekistan but hesitated too long and missed out on them. Do you happen to have any in your collection? There have also been some nice marine reptile teeth from there to if i'm not mistaken.

Troodon

Hi Frank, many years ago, I was offered some Iguanodontian teeth from Uzbekistan but hesitated too long and missed out on them. Do you happen to have any in your collection? There have also been some nice marine reptile teeth from there to if i'm not mistaken.

No, but I have one from Kazakhstan, close :) Material from this part of Asia is incredibly hard to acquire.

A lesson I learned the hard way a long time ago, just like you, you have to pull the trigger instantly when something special is offered to you. At the Tucson show I've seen it time and time again, you walk out of a room and go back a few minutes later whatever you were looking is gone. Yes on the marine but have never seen any.

ZiggieCie

:popcorn::wub::yay-smiley-1:

bcfossilcollector

Amazing fossils! I am very impressed. I can only imagine how much time and effort has gone into assembling your collection. It's an inspiration to fossil collecting.

Troodon

Amazing fossils! I am very impressed. I can only imagine how much time and effort has gone into assembling your collection. It's an inspiration to fossil collecting.

Thank you, +20 years of enjoyment and I happy to share it.

Troodon

A new addition to my collection is from a newly described species from Uzbekistan of the Hadrosaur

Bactrosaurus kysylkumensis.

Partial maxilla with very colorful teeth

Photos show both sides.

post-10935-0-83078300-1444849237_thumb.jpg

post-10935-0-58890300-1444849240_thumb.jpg

Runner64

Nice partial jaw! Especially like the teeth in there. They have a very nice and unique color tot tem. Kind of look like tiger stripes. A wonderful addition!

Auspex

That's gorgeous!!! :wub:

PaleoWilliam

Amazing!!!!

Ludwigia

Oooooooooooo! That's nice!

Got Bones?

Very amazing finds! I wish I could have access to out-of-country sites such as that!     :envy:

Tidgy's Dad

Another great thread and tremendous new acquisition.

What a tremendous collection you have. :)

Troodon
On 2/2/2018 at 5:27 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Another great thread and tremendous new acquisition.

What a tremendous collection you have. :)

Thank you

Baryonyx

How do you get these things? They must be extremely expensive.

Troodon
3 hours ago, Baryonyx said:

How do you get these things? They must be extremely expensive.

Several ways.  Over the many years of collecting I've developed a relationship with dealers that contact me when something new arrives.  Attending big fossil shows like the Tucson or Denver always helps where you find dealers that do not have an online presence..  This material is now seen for sale on auction sites like eBay so its available to all, correct not cheap.

Baryonyx
45 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Several ways.  Over the many years of collecting I've developed a relationship with dealers that contact me when something new arrives.  Attending big fossil shows like the Tucson or Denver always helps where you find dealers that do not have an online presence..  This material is now seen for sale on auction sites like eBay so its available to all, correct not cheap.

Really nice collection of which I can only dream of. How do you finance your collection? If I can ask you that.