Fossil shop

It's a Ceratopsian indet. you cannot identify species out of a channel. Can you take a picture of the crown. Like the other tooth its missing a part of the second root.

Thanks for the write up and all the great photo's! The only ceratopsids that I'm aware of from the Judith River formation are Avaceratops and Monoclonius. So it must be one of those. Can you post a picture of one of your ankylosaur teeth. Thanks

Nice teeth all around. Love the infant daspletosaurus tooth. You sure are finding some nice stuff out of your site! Keep up the collecting!

Holy cows! What a collection! :faint::envy:

So, do you have trailer hookups at your place or should I just bring the tent? :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing

Hey Troodon, I am Distinguishing them by serrations and character of the tooth some are to hard to tell the difference between.

JohnBrian, No power up there haha. If you want to see more what I have you can visit my website from my profile :) I will be posting more pictures on here all the time for everyone to enjoy!

Hey Troodon, I am Distinguishing them by serrations and character of the tooth some are to hard to tell the difference between.

JohnBrian, No power up there haha. If you want to see more what I have you can visit my website from my profile :) I will be posting more pictures on here all the time for everyone to enjoy!

FYI: Attached find a post I put out earlier this month on Campanian Tyrannosaur teeth from the Judith River Formation along with other localities and ages. A study concluded that you cannot reliably distinguish between species of the three Tyrannosaurus in the Judith River Formation: Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus.

Philip Currie is one of the leading paleontologist on Tyrannosaurs and was part of this study. I also looked at all the teeth in my collection from the Judith River and Two Medicine Formations. My teeth ranged from less than one inch to 4 inches and I could not distinguish between the three species.

I've always said identification of isolated teeth is a very difficult task down to a species level and its especially difficult with these teeth.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/57316-can-you-identify-tyrannosaur-teeth-from-north-america/

• I found this Informative 2

I just read your article, it Is a very good article and as for the base goes I believe Daspletosaur follows the T-Rex base with the oval and Albertosaur and Gorgosaur follow the Rectangular base but I could be wrong. I have heard so many different opinions about them being able to be identified or not with out the skull. So I am going to have to find the skull :) I also will be taking them to the Museum of the Rockies in a couple months. Thanks Troodon.