Show Us Your Non-Typical Display

IonRocks

Hi all, I also use some old vintage iron weights as display stands . Their patina is in keeping to the sensibilitys of the fossils, much like the wooden blocks and old books. 

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

11 hours ago, -Andy- said:

I love Dimetrodon too. Was lucky to get that tooth.

I've seen this picture before! Always wanted to use an old book for a display stand but never got around to it.

Yes nice tooth. I have had my Dimetrodon claw for 20years almost it is small but most are, it does have really nice details like the blood channel . Really like it.

I think it really makes your collection stand out if repurpose different  items to use to display your fossils. I said this before but for me fossil collecting is not just about the understanding of life though the filter of evolution. It is also about the collector . Collectors are Artists and their collections are the masterpieces of their artistic practice. A life's work is to be had by placing the right objects on a shelve harmoniously. I think the displaying of collections is a very pure form of an artistic practise. This is very obvious to me when you see post on this thread i.e. Books, wooden blocks and canned fish all used in an Artistic display.

IMG_0643.JPG

This is a wooden sweet date package that I painted grey and add some painted marquetry to finish the top of my shelves.

thanks you all great thread  this has been.

• I found this Informative 1

• 4 weeks later...

Link to wood slab/brass rod display stand trial.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

2 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

Link to wood slab/brass rod display stand trial.

Thanks for reposting this I agree great idea that can be archived.

cheers Bobby