How Much Is This Shark Tooth Worth?

jonnyquest

Looks like there could be some lobe construction and filler in the cracks. What do you think has been done to this tooth and how much do you think it's worth? The serrations are awesome though. *

* the sale has ended. now i go in peace. pieces .

i would say the true value is somewhere around $750
What do you think of the "no restoration"?

Guest bmorefossil
What do you think of the "no restoration"?

no restoration right? i there is some the price would drop

i would say the true value is somewhere around $750

I'm going to Price is Right ya...............$751

The last time this guy sold a meg from Chile he listed it as having no repair or restoration and it was obvious that it had both. I asked for pics of the tip and root and he replied that he didn't have time to take any more pics. He sold it to someone in Europe and a few weeks later he was selling it on ebay again but listed as minimal restoration. Obviously the European buyer wasn't as dumb as he had hoped and had returned the tooth. Unfortunately the buyer got screwed out of postage to and from Europe. I don't know about anyone else, but when I see such an obvious attempt to rip someone off I consider the seller a scammer from that point on.

Thank you fellow fossil fanatics for all the useful information. My quest continues....

Thank you fellow fossil fanatics for all the useful information. My quest continues....

quest after high quality from a very reputable, no-hype source. get only things which really appeal to your eye. consider the psychological impact of bidding wars and how the "win or lose" aspect of that shopping method causes desperate impulse buying of things which will lose their luster not too long after they change owners. and ask yourself what the seller would give you for the tooth if the roles were reversed. in many cases, they wouldn't buy it from you at all...

Just to put a different twist on it

How much would you paid for

a T REX tooth

and there is the but joke.

what is a T REX tooth?

can you tell??

It's a big, impressive tooth, a little beat-up but all there.

I have a problem with the seller's hype; those adjectives belong to a better quality tooth.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Looks like a twin to mine! Mine is a tad larger though. Nice tooth. I wont comment on price, as mine is also for sale.

post-15-1238712210_thumb.jpg

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

I think that I really regret when I see that a person pays all this $ for a meg tooth when in America, in Italy in the world is a time of crisis and people are fired and families are left without work <_<

I would not say this to make sure all the controversy because more fossils are expensive

but I see that the meg teeth have cost more because everyone loves them, unfortunately this is the law of the market

I think that I really regret when I see that a person pays all this $ for a meg tooth when in America, in Italy in the world is a time of crisis and people are fired and families are left without work <_<

I would not say this to make sure all the controversy because more fossils are expensive

but I see that the meg teeth have cost more because everyone loves them, unfortunately this is the law of the market

i started about four responses and deleted them all. all i can say is hang in there, friend, and know that there are people suffering in every country, and there is a lot of work being done in an attempt to fix some of the problems. meanwhile, taking time out occasionally to contemplate owning a giant meg tooth is a nice distraction from other problems.

you are absolutely right tracer

First of all I apologize if I gave someone a nuisance :(

I just wanted to see if what I think about the price of meg teeth is the truth or just my imagination

there is speculation on this kind of fossil or not?

...I just wanted to see if what I think about the price of meg teeth is the truth or just my imagination

there is speculation on this kind of fossil or not?

Recognizable, impressive, pretty, plentiful, self-contained, easy to compare, and something you can handle...in short, desirable. They are the "it" fossil, and the best ones have ascended to the level of investment commodity.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived