The 10 Leggers

RJB

Those weirdo crabs are really shaped differently than I have seen before. It's carapace is

almost beetle-like. I see why you were so focused on crabs.

Hey Roz. I really was a crab nut there for a few years, but now that I live here in Montana, Im getting into the ammos and back into the fishes. My youngest son and I had the best fossil fish trip we have ever had last summer and then the best ammo trip just this last fall. I will post some of that when I get more time.

RB

Mb, another poster with amazing prepping skills.

Is that a horse crab? It was the only one online and I saw with a segmented-looking tail section.

Then I was reading, a horse shoe crab isn't really a crab at all. The tails were used to go through

the mud, and I think to turn them back if they turned over.

Anyway the article was interesting to me..

Here is the link..horse shoe crab info

Hi Roz,

Not, it is not a horse crab, they are Pulalius vulgaris, exactly the same species that RB show us in the precedent post, but they fossilized with the abdominal tails separated of the body when its death.

Sure, horse crab isn't a crab, it is merostomata atropod and a true living fossil.

:)

Hi Roz,

Not, it is not a horse crab, they are Pulalius vulgaris, exactly the same species that RB show us in the precedent post, but they fossilized with the abdominal tails separated of the body when its death.

Sure, horse crab isn't a crab, it is merostomata atropod and a true living fossil.

:)

Roz, you can see there an ventral view of a Pulalius vulgaris, with the abdomen attached at body, those abdomen is the same part that are separated in the other crabs.

:D

post-41-1199829099_thumb.jpg

Roz, you can see there an ventral view of a Pulalius vulgaris, with the abdomen attached at body, those abdomen is the same part that are separated in the other crabs.

:D

Very nice ventral view MB!!! RB

Wow, well learning some things then. Looking at the other crabs, I didn't realize anything was

missing. I have a lot to learn! Really cool looking crab for sure!

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, well learning some things then. Looking at the other crabs, I didn't realize anything was

missing. I have a lot to learn! Really cool looking crab for sure!

Hey Roz,, by any chance do you have any air prepping tools? Can I send you a crab conc just for fun?

RB

Hey Kauffy, I dont think I have any pics of these two sites, but I do have a pic of another site that I will get to shortly. But hey, I was reading your sites post in Ausi land and I got purty dang excited. I will be in your neck of the woods this october visiting family and enjoying my 50th. I would love to meet up with you if possible? Can you imagine the gifts I could bring for a good fossil guide? Hint,,,Hint,,, RB

HAHAHA sure thing, let me know closer to the date and im sure i can show you around for a day or two! :P Not too sure what sort of fossils your into, mostly inverts (shells ect) are very common, plants ect...im sure you got the gist' of it reading my locations.

:lol: we will have to sort something out! :) mabey by then i will have found an amazing honey hole producing crabs, sharks, shells, trilobites, fish, marine reptiles, ammonites and new mysterious fossils...waiting to be studied!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :lol: hehehe

Thanks for the great crab pics!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

HAHAHA sure thing, let me know closer to the date and im sure i can show you around for a day or two! :P Not too sure what sort of fossils your into, mostly inverts (shells ect) are very common, plants ect...im sure you got the gist' of it reading my locations.

:lol: we will have to sort something out! :) mabey by then i will have found an amazing honey hole producing crabs, sharks, shells, trilobites, fish, marine reptiles, ammonites and new mysterious fossils...waiting to be studied!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :lol: hehehe

Thanks for the great crab pics!

Hey Kauffy. This is great! Ive made the best freinds over fossil hunting, but never with someone over seas. This is truly wonderful. Im into any good fossils, I dont care what kind they are. You seem to have lots of fossil sites, but there are plenty more around victoria and some places along the murry river for echinoids too, but i have no idea how far those are from you? Please email me at: ronfossil58@msn.com and lets go from there.

RB

Hey Kauffy. This is great! Ive made the best freinds over fossil hunting, but never with someone over seas. This is truly wonderful. Im into any good fossils, I dont care what kind they are. You seem to have lots of fossil sites, but there are plenty more around victoria and some places along the murry river for echinoids too, but i have no idea how far those are from you? Please email me at: ronfossil58@msn.com and lets go from there.

RB

there are many good sites, most of the ones i go to are in the 2-3hr drive away from home, murry rivers, victoria, SA WA all have amazing fossils... bit far for me though, when i graduate and get my lisence i intend to drive around from WA home, surfing and looking for fossils! my dream :lol: mabey one day :rolleyes:NSW has a pretty good spread of fossils devonian fish carboniforous plants permian siluarian ect, but mostly i look at permian and triassic which are close to me.

Let me know if you ever head down south to ausi land!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.