Some of my display pieces

sseth

I have been asked my a few members to share some of the pieces I display in my home (with my wife's gracious permission of course)

I will begin with the piece she likes least but can't get it down. It is my Prognathodon skull from Morocco. It is just about 5 feet in length and sits atop the wall in my kitchen. I have also included a picture of how it began.

post-2399-0-44770900-1443820952_thumb.jpg

post-2399-0-38853700-1443821000_thumb.jpg

post-2399-0-12108700-1443821064_thumb.jpg

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

Here is one of my favorites that has been relegated to a shelf in the basement. I have 2 sets of shelves that I am allowed to display on so I am sure to pack them. This is a little deer sp? from Europe. It is approximately 4 million years old.

post-2399-0-90498300-1443821355_thumb.jpg

fossil-shack-new-banner-use-copy.png
www.fossilshack.com

www.americanfossil.com

www.fishdig.com

Well, when you're ready to open up your cupboards and storage bins for trading, let us know.

Edited by caldigger

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

World class, Seth.

I hate dusting, but love a good display. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I'd pay $10 bucks for a walk around! Your personal collection seen here is just amazing. That puts the Milwaukee Public Museums displayed fossils to shame..I wish I could say I am joking, but I am not.

Yep, $10 would definitely be worth it...lol

I'll be here all night

:popcorn:

Best regards,

Paul

Edited by Raggedy Man

...I'm back.

I know I am a little older than you but do you need an adopted son?!?!?

Edited by Fossil Claw

Thanks for sharing. Like everything but especially the 'long tooths'.

There's a bonding among members. We sure appreciate these things more than some vase, lamp, ornament , etc.

I just keep one display upstairs...a coffee table with Dino material under the glass. Otherwise, all is displayed in the 'museum' in the basement.

I'm in love with your Prognathodon!

Thanks for sharing just some of your collection, Seth.

Do you think your better half will except a schooling wall of Green river fish, with maybe a Stingray or two?

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Highest quality, terrific appeal; "museum-grade" is an overused term, but these have it. :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wonderful, wonderful things. You have inspired me for trackway display - mine currently are just sitting on a shelf. Yours look great on the wall! What is the source of the bracket holding the larger plate?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

WOW! thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I'm with the other folks, your collection is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!Thanks for sharing Seth :fistbump::1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76::wub:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Whoooooo! Shoot boy! Look at those things. Do my eyes decieve me or did I see a Parotodos Benedeni peeking out at the bottom of one of your pics?

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

I love the collection, and it looks like a painstaking but well executed job of reassembling Prognathodon's head, how long did that take?

Such fine, fine specimens!

Even museums can't easily afford sabretooth, and you got three!

One day I gotta pay a visit to your place man.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I am extremely jealous.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?