MarcoSr

Pleistocene micros from Merritt Island, Florida

55 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ynot said:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Tony

I may actually post a few pictures this weekend that I will be sending to the researchers.  I just brought back 8 gallons of matrix from our May trip to the ranch and am finishing up searching the first gallon.  The fossil density is extremely high so far with a lot of great quality mammal and reptile specimens and a number of amphibian and eggshell specimens.

Marco Sr.

1 hour ago, MarcoSr said:

Tony

I may actually post a few pictures this weekend that I will be sending to the researchers.  I just brought back 8 gallons of matrix from our May trip to the ranch and am finishing up searching the first gallon.  The fossil density is extremely high so far with a lot of great quality mammal and reptile specimens and a number of amphibian and eggshell specimens.

Marco Sr.

Hey Marco,

Am looking forward to seeing some more of Your excellent collection and photography!

Tony

Wonderful images MarcoSr!

This must have been so much fun to search.

Any idea of the depositional environment?

2 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

Wonderful images MarcoSr!

This must have been so much fun to search.

Any idea of the depositional environment?

The matrix comes from an area of small low islands.  The specimens are terrestrial, marine and fluvial.  So the salt water probably rose and fell over a terrestrial area with fresh water marshes.  Probably why the marine specimens are pristine and the terrestrial and fluvial specimens are slightly reworked.

Marco Sr.

2 people finds this informative

16 hours ago, Pagurus said:

You've embarked on a valuable undertaking, Marco. Thank you. You will soon be able to open your own museum. In a shoe box .

Mike

Mike

That is the nice thing about these very small specimens.  They don't take up much display or storage room.

Marco Sr.