Some of my collection

diabeticwolf

Here are a few of my fossil sponges that I found when I went fossil hunting with my grandma's cousin, Roger Pabian.

post-14138-0-82163600-1445045724_thumb.jpg

Nice collection so far!

Thank you! I also have a few pounds of brachiopods in matrix slabs (I won't photograph those unless anyone wants to see them).

I am also i like brachiopods please share them :D

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Make that 3 on the brachs.

Interesting sponge, and nice Mazon worm. I take it you have all the info for these? (name, etc, and make sure you keep accurate locality data for everything you find or buy/trade)

These are some Brachiopods that I found loose...post-14138-0-97224000-1445134852_thumb.jpg

This was found by my dad when he was a kid (he was having a rock fight in the alley behind his house with his brother). He gave it to me since I have a collection going. It is a beautifully preserved, full, Brachiopod! No damage! post-14138-0-78522200-1445134863_thumb.jpg

Here are the in matrix fossils (I have no idea what all is in these). If anyone recognizes fossils in these, I appreciate any feedback :)

post-14138-0-08680600-1445134994_thumb.jpgpost-14138-0-90039300-1445135009_thumb.jpgpost-14138-0-33705700-1445135024_thumb.jpg

I'm not really asking for ID, so that's why I didn't want to put these in another forum.

Here are the in matrix fossils (I have no idea what all is in these). If anyone recognizes fossils in these, I appreciate any feedback :)

attachicon.gifDSC05812.jpgattachicon.gifDSC05813.jpgattachicon.gifDSC05818.jpg

I'm not really asking for ID, so that's why I didn't want to put these in another forum.

I like this one... Preservation/completeness seems like it should be sufficient for someone other than me to give you an ID. It will help us though if you let us know where they were found, or the formation name or age.

I like this one... Preservation/completeness seems like it should be sufficient for someone other than me to give you an ID. It will help us though if you let us know where they were found, or the formation name or age.

I only know I found them somewhere along the Kansas/Nebraska border (SE part). I was maybe ten years old when I went, so I honestly don't know more than that. The family member who took me (Roger Pabian), has unfortunately since passed, so I have no way of knowing for sure.

I only know I found them somewhere along the Kansas/Nebraska border (SE part). I was maybe ten years old when I went, so I honestly don't know more than that. The family member who took me (Roger Pabian), has unfortunately since passed, so I have no way of knowing for sure.

Oh well... With any luck someone here will recognize the genus/species or lithology and tell you what they know.

I just wasn't sure if some of the fragments may be ribs from fish or spines or something else? I know there are small crinoids and broken brachiopods, and even some bits of corals.

The second picture, I noticed that the shell had a hole in the middle, so I am assuming that something might have eaten it millions of years ago...

post-14138-0-64181900-1445136006_thumb.jpgpost-14138-0-77805300-1445136015_thumb.jpgpost-14138-0-50247200-1445136029_thumb.jpg

Archived